Web.com / wont cancel account

So i've had over 15 different website hosted with web.com and ever since they bought interland.com there service has gone down hill... I wanted to cancel a web hosting plan that was no longer a client. Since it was 5 days past the renewal date they wont let me cancel and want to charge me a "termination fee" . What is with this.. .All I get from support is canned answers and I have to "talk" to billing.. I ve email several people in Tech support and it seems no one cares... WEB.COM support is terrible... they dont care about existing clients and seem not to care about retaining business. Stay away!

Comments

Jo
  10th of Mar, 2008

I have had the same problem, I e-mailed several times wanting to cancel. They ignore my e-mails and "extend" my contract and charged my Ccard without approval. Once I charged it back I get a notification that they will send me to their collections agency.

I then called and they wouldn't cancel my account unless I pay the "outstanding" amount. I explained I never authorized this and I will not pay them. They simply don't care. When I asked to talk to a supervisor they claimed they were all in a meeting. I asked the manager to call me once they got out of their "meeting" but of course I never got a call back.

Please don't ever do business with these people, they are not to be trusted....

Ak
  4th of Jul, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

web.com is one of the bad websites ever... i tried to cancel but it is immposible...