Wawa / lottery ticket scanner

1 Avenel, NJ, United States Review updated:

At WAWA #8323 930 US-1, Avenel, NJ 07001 there is a Lottery Ticket Scanner by the cash register. Here customers can scan there lottery tickets to check for a win. Simply scan the barcode of the lottery ticket under the laser light, hear a bleep, then get a readout "Sorry not a winner" or "Winner". When I try to scan my ticket here, there is no bleep & no readout. Now to be fair, very occasionally it will work and beep, but if it is going to work like that, why bother. Over the course of several weeks which started back in September 2017 I have mentioned this to the manager 3 times. The answer is, " I will call it in or have somebody look at it". Well, it's November 7, 2017 now and it still doesn't work. Amazingly the scanner gets turned on every morning, even though it barely works. It seems to me the manager doesn't consider it a priority. Maybe he's thinking customers can scan tickets at the lottery machine too. But that can get inconvenient if I have a handful of tickets to check and other customer are waiting. Or if the machine is getting serviced or refilled. Bear in mind I spend $60.00 to $100.00 per week on lottery tickets at this store. If the machine doesn't work for some valid reason I can understand that. But what is the problem here? It's supposed to work. All the time. Why can't you fix it? I uploaded videos showing how unreliable this scanner is. I don't think the upload was successful. I still have the videos if you need them.

Da