Waste Management (WM)price gouging

I was getting trash service from a local company that I liked very much.Then one day I was suddenly notified that WM had bought them out and that we were their customers now. When I was offered a better deal with another local company I took it.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Minneapolis, MNAfter Waste Management came and picked up the empty trash can, we were billed for it. I complained about the cost and told them I would'nt pay it. They now have a collection agency after me. I fear if they buy out the company I'm with now, I will be set up to be a customer to a predatory company that I don't want to be a part of and put in the same predicament. This has happened since June 2017

Mb
Oct 22, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Oct 22, 2017

Some municipalities contract with a particular waste management company. This may mean that, by just being within the area, you're required to pay for their service although pricing is then commonly regulated. I'd contact your local government agency to find out if this is the case as well as contact the waste management company.