Washington Gas / billing

1 MD, United States Review updated:

My complain about Washington Gas
The incorrect bill was sent for December, because of an incorrect miter reading and an investigation took a place. The miter was corrected and for January we got correct bill. I got new statement on 02/09/2009 and there are still incorrect amount for December plus late fee. I spoke with representative about this issue and with supervisor Ms. Shila at lease 5 times, but amount for December is still incorrect and now is February.
I sent three letters to customer service and I didn’t get any response at all. My problems with Washington Gas started last September (09/2008) as wrong miter reading, wrong bill and up today I can’t resolve all issues.
I’m going to submit this letter to all sources, which I could possible find.

Comments

• Al
      1st of Mar, 2009

My gas bill is 2 times higher since November of 2008. Someone needs to investigate this issue. People have more problems with jobs, gas and losing there homes. Please someone help. Email address is [protected]@comcast.net if you have advise please email.

• Wd
      24th of Jun, 2009

I have had problems with Washington Gas billing also since December 2008 when we switched to an alternate provider, WGES. They didnt bill us January - March and then billed us $1300 and then 3 days later $1600!! No way that 2 people with a new HVAC system and our being away for part of December, all of January and 1/2 of February to have this much of a bill. We are on the budget plan for estimated usage and - even though we have regularly sent in actual meter readings, they refuse to use ours and just estimate it. We figure that they overestimate by approx 117 therms over our actual usuage. This has been going on since 2004! I think that they owe us alot of money. We contacted the MD Attorney General and then filed a complaint April 20, 2009 with the Public Service Commission and also with our Congressional Representative. So far they STILL are overbilling us, have never sent us an acknowledgement of our complaint, tried to require a large deposit (we have been with them for 30 years!); etc. Finally today billing returned our call (1st time since April 20 -- today is June 23). They did not have all the facts; tried to say that we owed $1400! Last month we only owed $328 more than our figures indicate. Quite an increase for 1 month!! I think that we are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems to us that its either 1) incompetence 2) fraud or 3)embezzling.

• Wr
      7th of Dec, 2010

I have the exact same issues with Washington Gas, tough out 2009 I only used about 300 therms all readings where actual not estimated. Then starting in March 2010 they began estimating my bill for the next 7 months until when sometime in early October of 2010 they said they needed to do maintenance to my meter. One week later the so called maintenance a actual reading was done on the meter showing that over 719 additional therms where used since February. So the total use for this year shows over 1020 therms, over 3 times higher then the previous year. So somehow I used over 800 additional therms since February.

• Mg
      22nd of Mar, 2011

Wash Gas also did "maintenance" to our meter which resulted in a usage of 144 therms... in AUGUST.. yeah - for the past 9 years it's been 10-12 therms and now 144??? I don't think so.. Their "customer service" assured me each month that it would be corrected and it's now March and I am still waiting. Last cust svc jerk I spoke with tried to tell me that since my meter reading is correct today (in March) that it was correct in October (no physical reading - only an "electronic one" showing an abnormal number ) and that I had to pay. Ridiculous company full of incompetence, fraud, abuse and lies. If I could cancel and find someone else, I would.