Washington Gas / awful company
2 years ago Washington Gas Energy advertised they were 15% lower than BGE. So of course I switched my energy service over to their company. What a bait and switch! I didn't realize when I renewed my contract with them last summer, that in truth they are now over 30% higher than BGE.
In calling Washington Gas Energy about the price difference they told me 'well the prices last summer were higher than now and you locked into that rate'.
When I said I wanted to cancel, they continued management was going to 'consider' lowering the rate sometime in February, but, if I wanted to cancel, there would be a cancel charge of $50, because of money they would lose. They would lose? You've gotta be kidding me!!! How about how much money they made off their clients to begin with?
They furthered, it would of course take one to two billing cycles to take effect. Isn't that convenient! It would be March or April, just when we don't need to use the furnace as much.
My advise...always check therm rates even after you've switched companies so you don't turn into a victim like me.
Do you think I'll get a rebate? Doubt it.
More Washington Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Washington Gas - completely frustrating 
- Washington Gas - gave my account away 
- Washington Gas - be careful with their &estimated& billing
- Washington Gas - billing 
- Washington Gas - vandalism, billing, lying 
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - natural gas service/billing errors
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - poor customer service and wrong information
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - unlawful disconnection of gas services
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - service stop date was delayed, forced to pay for someone else's usage
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - incomplete excavation and remediation of property damage