Wasauna / Buyer beware these products are not worth the money

1 10450 N. 74th Street, St. 130Scottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:

Some - maybe all of wasauna's products do not meet UL or Asni standards. they will sell you the product tell you they will mail you out the certification you need they never send out the proper UL or ansi approval forms which is required by your local city plumbing inspector to accept. Basically they will say anything to sell these products that are made in china and do not meet US standards in many US. cities. I have documents form the state inspectors rejecting their product. Buyer beware these products are not worth the money.

Va

Comments

• Da
      12th of Jan, 2010

I was not aware of the fact that some of their products did not meet certain standards.. I can tell you though my experience with wasauna was a complete disaster for me.. I purchased a jet tub from wasauna, installed the tub and couldn't get the jets to work. after numerous phone conversations and wasauna sending parts and having a professional plumber install this hardware I came to a conclusion that the tub was not going to work at all for me...keep in mind the tub never worked. When i finally said i would like a refund for my tub they informed me that was not possible...I now own a wasauna tub that does not work and also aquired a bill of well over $1000.00.
    Lesson learned, I will never buy another large product over the internet...

maybe i can turn it into a fish pond! or a planter! What a waste of money... I also bought a steam shower from them.. Steam generators broken by the way.. Buyer Beware

• Br
      4th of Feb, 2010

I own one of Wasauna's high end 2 person steam shower and jet tub. I have had nothing but a great experiance with the company. I love the product! When I had the unit installed and inspected I required the cert for the town inspector. The president of the company personally called me and ensured that I got everything that I needed and gave me his personal cell phone number just incase I ever needed anything in the future. The only time I had to use it was to call him and thank him for his help getting the cert which was accepted by the town inspector.

• Js
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I had a horrible experience with Wasuana. I purchased a steam shower from them for almost $3000 and after assembly it leaked through the pan and frame that was assembled at the factory. After 3 weeks of calls and recaulking over and over in okaces I was not supposed to I demanded a new pan be sent to me. was informed via email that my new pan was being air shipped from England and I should have it within 5 to 7 days, after it not showing up 3 weeks later and no returned calls or emails, I got in touch with a manger who said they decided not to air ship and it was gonna take another 5 to 6 weeks to show up. I demanded a refund, I sent it back and they kept over half for restocking and shipping for a poorly built product. Horrible product and customer service, beware!!

22nd of Mar, 2010

Wasauna does not manufacture these shower like they say they do, this is just not true.

These vitamin C infused showers are made by a company in Foshan China named Grande Home Sanitary Ware, Inc. All of thier products are made in china and designed/manufactured by the companies wasauna buys them from.

I would bet money that Wasauna does not manufacture anything on their website.

I bought my 2nd shower from CoralSeaSpas.Com, I would recommend this dealer over any other.
    this dealer knows the product he sells and he knows about the other crap on the market

• Ba
      6th of Jan, 2012

We bought a steam shower and jacuzzi tub from this sorry excuse for a company. After installing both units, we could not get any cold water from the steam shower or tub ----just piping hot water!  Called their tech support and after numerous attempts on their part to convince me that my installer must have incorrectly installed both units...they finally offered to send us parts to repair the  brand new shower and tub!!! We were told the problem sounds like a clogged cartridge from debris and the only way to rectify the problem is to replace it at our expense as far as labor. Their warranty does not cover labor costs even though you are having a problem because of a defective part.  I am still scratching my head in disbelief, but after combing through the warranty I realized I was left with no choice.

We received the part and eventually found someone to replace it and it worked.  Just in time for the next problem. The faucet temperature control. ..For some very odd reason after setting the faucet control to a certain temperature it starts to stiffen or cease up to a point where you can barely turn it to adjust to a hotter or colder temperature. Eventually it is just stuck at that temperature! The Jacuzzi started doing the same thing as well. You can actually hear and feel what seems to be the hot and cold water hoses behind the faucet control twisting around while trying to adjust the temperature nob.

Fast forward >>> one year later ----steam shower is leaking from the bottom after taking showers --jacuzzi tub once again is outputting only steaming hot water ---steam shower Handheld faucet fell and broke into a million pieces because it is not metal but, cheap china plastic coated in a chrome finish ---Wire basket accessory holder  in shower is rusting ---hand held faucet (tub filler) in the jacuzzi tub also cracked and broke and water is constantly running from the faucet and also through one of the airjets in tub. Tub drain also has a crack which now makes it impossible to open and close the drain properly.  If we try to use the tub the drain  popup just falls right in and we can not remove it to drain the water out afterwards.

Fast forward >>> few months later and we have now discovered that the jacuzzi tub has a cracked pvc pipe underneath that is leaking water through the floor of our master bath down to the front entrance on lower level of our apartment. After calling the plumber in to cap the tub and remove the cracked PVC part,  looking at this thing the plastic was so thin and feeble it might have as well be made out of disposable plastic cup material. Im surprised it didn't crack the first day someone step into the tub to use it...and to think this is the exact same inferior part  they will be shipping me as replacement, well lets just say, Im searching the web as we speak for reliable jaccuzzi tubs at a reasonable price.

To say this whole experience has been a nightmare would be an understatement. I will never be stupid enough to make such a huge investment on an "unfamiliar brand" because had this been Kohler, American standard or any other familiar household name I would have support in all states. I foolishly gambled my money online with a shady, fly by night company who puts pretty, glossy pictures online of what seems to be high end products but what u actually get in return is cheap knockoff, made in china garbage imitation of the real deal. Do yourself a favor,  do not get suckered  into wasting your hard earned money on their crap. These products are straight TRASH!  Their "5 yr parts only" warranty is a joke because you will just be paying a plumber every few months to replace one defective part after the next with more of the same exact defective parts that wasauna ships to you.  My decision to Spend my money with wasauna is the equivalent of driving to a land fill and tossing thousands of dollars in it. You have been warned.

• Ks
      8th of Sep, 2012

I placed an order for their Hendrum toilet a month ago that never arrived. And I simply can't reach them: online support only answers questions about products and doesn't have any order/account information. I asked to forward requests to call me back. They didn't respond to emails, can't get them on the phone, I left voice messages - no one ever called me back or replied to my emails. My bathroom remodel project is on hold now because of that. And I 'm just trying to dispute this credit card charge and get money back..

14th of Sep, 2012

###ing love my wasauna tub. great experience start to finish. sorry to hear all these stories.

10th of Jan, 2013

Don't do business with these people - they go under different names - Wasauna, Envy Walk In Tubs, LIberty Implements, Allure, etc. Keep changing names to confuse consumers - heard too many horror stories about shoddy products, customers being called by trucking companies and freight brokers because he doesn't pay his vendors on time even though you have to pay for shipping up front, etc. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!!

10th of Jan, 2013

This is an a. K. A. For wasauna - see complaints under wasauna (Tubs and steam showers)

10th of Jan, 2013

Another alias for wasauna - see complaints under wasauna

• To
      12th of Nov, 2013

I was looking for parts for my one piece toilet that cost me over $800 in 2007. Now they say that they no longer make or sell toilets and they have no replacement parts for toilets. On their web site, they have... you guessed it... Toilets for sale.

So now I'm screwed because the flush valve is broken and I may have to throw out an $800 toilet because of an $8 part.

• Wa
      14th of Mar, 2014

I purchased a Wasauna steam shower system with enclosure for about $3000. The system worked for all of one day. On day 2 all the electronics stopped working, so no steam, no body jets, no stereo and no lights. I complained several times to the company. They refused to do anything initially. Finally, they sent me a box of unlabelled parts which were totally useless to me. Moreover, I would have to completely disassemble the shower cabinet and remove it from the bathroom in order to work on the system - assuming I was a tech trained specifically on their shower systems.

Wasauna is the worst consumer products company I have ever encountered. If you come across one of their products you should run in the opposite direction.

14th of Jul, 2014

Do not purchase these products. I purchased a toilet. It looks great. If it breaks forget about replacing any parts. No one sells anything that will work. Even the parts department they refer you to online.

• Rl
      21st of May, 2015

We have had a horrible experience with Wasauna. We bought one of their more expensive steam showers (now going for $6500). Within the first week the unit leaked and ruined our dining room ceiling below. The problem? A screw had been screwed through one of the hoses when it was assembled in the factory. The companies solution? They would send a new hose (which they never did). Costly repairs to dining room ceiling and inconvenience of being without a shower were exasperated by Wasauna's terrible customer service. Then...within a year the motor stopped working. Again no shower while we argued with a wasauna that it was still under warrantee. They finally sent the motor but within two years the new one died. With th 3rd motor the readings changed to Celsius and there are no instructions or intuitive ways of changing it back to Fahrenheit. Next, the shower pan cracked ( we are not heavy people). I sent numerous emails and called the customer service number and they never hit back to us. We've fixed it so it doesn't leak, but it isn't pretty. Now finally, the motor is shot again. Five major issues in 5 years. I wish we would never had bought a Wasauna steam shower!!!

5th of Aug, 2015

I bought a wassanua tub/shower/steamer 8 years ago. Horrible experience with the company. Took 8 months to get it shipped "due to customs" so they say... finally get the tub and it's the wrong base. Argue with there customer service as they say i did not order the base with the heater, prove i did 3 months later get correct base. Then put the P.O.S. together and all the hoses dry rot and leak from 3rd floor to basement. Have replaced numerous items as well. Now just yesterday the knob for the detachable shower head will not shut off. Have to shut the water off at the shut off valve. What a night mare from start to finish, I will never buy this product or go thru this company again.

2nd of Apr, 2017

We purchased a walk in tub and a Wawsanua steam shower. This was in 2006. The shower always worked wonderfully but the tub jets quit working in 2011..I called and spoke to customer service and they sent me a new control within 5 days - husband installed and all works well again. I called them a year ago with a question but no one ever called me back. Now i believe they are out of business?? Have a whirlpool tub we have not installed yet and now afraid to do so - worried about parts.

• Wp
      6th of Apr, 2017

Hi Joannnarie, Whirlpool tub's are licensed products. Any questions or concerns regarding the tub will need to be handled by the dealer you purchased it from.