WarranTech / A&E Factory Service / poor service provided!

A copy of email to Warrantech:

Dear Warrantech,

On 2/9/07 I called Warrantech, who called A&E (the local repair service) to have our refrigerator repaired. We have a four year "Rapairmaster" warranty. The refrigerator was not staying cold. They sent a repairman on 2/12, and he ordered a part. A&E then proceeded to cancel three successive repair calls on 2/14, 2/17 and 2/19, claiming that they needed two repairmen to install the part. My wife and I rescheduled our days each time to be waiting for the repairs. On some of the days they did not call to cancel, just waited for us to call.

A repairman finally came on, 2/20, and he told me that only one guy was necessary, and that he (who had been the person who came the first time and diagnosed the problem and ordered the part) never said that more than one guy would be needed. Unfortunately, the part that had been delivered was missing a wire, so he said he would order it and come back on Thursday, 2/22.

Of course, the part had not come by Thursday, so A& E cancelled. At this point I called Warrantech and they said that they would call A&E. I heard nothing, so I called A&E, who said that Maytag refused to send them the part. I explained to them that we had already received the “Fan Motor Kit” from Maytag once, but that it was missing a wire. I suggested they try re-ordering the whole kit, which they did. They called later and said it would come on Friday the 23rd and made a new appointment for that day. The part did not arrive and, so, thye cancelled for a 6th time.

Since the beginning of this story I have spoken to the following at A& E and at Warrantech: Mel, Linda, John, William, Chantelle, Nathaniel and Joe. The last two, at Warrantech, were particularly unhelpful, not even trying to commiserate over the fact that we will soon be without a refrigerator for three weeks. Nathaniel (id #2013) even told me that “ it’s not really our problem. It’s not our job to fix it, just to assign it to somebody to fix, and we did that.” Joe, his supervisor, proceeded to tell me how there was noting i could do if the refrigerator did not get repaired, even after waiting another week. He also explained to me how Warrantech was not responsible. He then put me on hold, and later hung up on me. Not the best customer relations

As a result of this poor service, we have been without a refrigerator for nearly three weeks. We have two young daughters and cannot feed them without going out to the store everyday, and then throwing out the leftovers. Not only is this unhealthy, but expensive. We have re-arranged our schedules several times and gotten no service. So why, exactly, did I pay for this warranty? At what point must i call a lawyer?

Andrew Meyers

Comments

Ca
  24th of Jan, 2012

Absolutely horrid, we had service scheduled for our "new" top of the line Kitchen Aid Dishwasher with 7 year maintenance agreement through Warrantech. They scheduled and cancelled three appointments in a row with us even after we told them my husband had surgery and was in a sling with seven people including several young children and toddlers and we needed service. We tried everything to get them to help us and nothing we are still here waiting and now have decided to buy another dishwasher and have it installed tomorrow because our family cannot manage without one with my husband's condition. Thanks Warrantech and A & E!!! Now you have more time to screw around the other poor suckers who bought an extended warranty from you.