Walmart Stores / refund of a product

I have ordered a notebook from walmart's web-page on 27/07/2018, with an order number [protected].
The laptop they sent wasn't the one, I ordered, so I turned to their customer service.
After the customer service assistant identified the order and the problem, she offered a refund. I told her, that I won't be able to return the product, but would gladly accept the refunded amount. She said, that it's perfect and that she issued the refund so the amount will be posted to the original payment method within 5 business days.
I've asked back just to make it clear, and the answer was, everything is good, the money will arrive until the following Monday.
A week has passed away, so I wrote to the customer service again. After some discussion they said, that the refund did not start, and the information I got, that they will send the amount back was untrue.
- The first customer service assistant lied to me.
I still wanted a solution, so I asked what else can they do.
The new customer service assistant, I talked with this time, they can send me a pre-paid label for returning the item. But when I wanted to give my address, they apologized, and said that they cannot return from the place I wanted to.
When I asked why, they referred to the Terms and Conditions, but as I wasn't able to find the information there, I've asked him to show me. He didn't want to, but when I asked him a couple of times more, he copied me a part from the Terms and Conditions talking about a different thing.
After I called attention to it, he said, sorry but that is everything, he can provide.
- So although the Terms and Conditions does not include, that walmart does not pay for returning outside U.S., the assistant said it does, and refused to send a pre-paid label to my address.
At the end, he wasn't able to provide a solution, and he just disconnected.

Now I have a notebook, different what I've paid for, if I want a refund, I have to pay for shipping, and walmart does not do what they promised me to do.

Cs
Sep 19, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      19th of Sep, 2018

just a thought but if your outside the us than a shipping label wouldn't be done