Walmart Stores / automotive

I went into the automotive department to have the oil changed on my 99 Civic. I arrived at the store at 15 till One. My departure was 5 PM. I was told it would be a hour and 45 minute wait. I was fine with that as I had shopping to do. I go back to Automotive about a hour later. My car was in the shop hood open. No one was working on it. Later their was a associate working on it and I could tell something was wrong. I could see my car threw the door. I got an associated to check on the car. I was told the filter got crushed taking off. (still no one working on the car) Off and on they would work on the car. Later another associtate told me the same thing about the filter and they would be done soon. I can see the car, and no work is being done. Still on and off they would work on the car. At last the car was done, and they told me the dip stick tube was loose, and they fixed the best they could. (was not loose when I took in) I wasted a 1/2 a day at Walmart that should have took 2 hours.

Sh
Feb 16, 2019

Comments

• Mr
      17th of Feb, 2019

Your car is officially a classic at 20 years old.

Changing the oil filter is customary when you change the oil in a car.

So no person toiling on your car at the presice moment you checked on it's progress means that they were not working on it at all in your eyes?

K.

If time is an issue for y, I suggest one of those jiffy lube places. You drive into an enclosed garage and just sit there a minute. Then the guys are in a pit below you and start draining the oil and everything.

In an other minute or so they are finished and replace the filter close you up. Then a guy on the same level as you opens your hood and replaces the oil the guys removed. They close you up and you go into the office to pay.

You come back you drive off.