Walmart / imitation beef!

4860 Cornsilk ter.northport, United States Review updated:
My husband and I purchased over two hundred dollars worth of groceries today. We had intentions of enjoying a good steak. We paid $14.50 for 2 packs of new york strip. Each pack had two steaks. Each set of steaks had each steak shaped differently.
We also had my sister and brother in law have a steak as well. Out of each steak package one of the two steaks were not the same meat. their texture were different, and tasted imitation, and was very gross. My husband being a owner of a meat business, recognized off hand that the imitation steak was different than his. We feel that walmart intentionally placed a good steak and a bad steak per package. It makes sense because the price was so good. We will never ever buy steak again, and this happened about 2-3 years ago, and we said nothing.

Someone is screwing around in the meat cutting room and switching steaks. Please look into this. This also happened in the walmart store in Arcadia, Fl. Thank you. Catherine Douglas.

Comments

Mi
  19th of May, 2008
How can you sell package meat's full of carbonation & spoilage?
I may get food stamps but that doesn't mean I've got to get
sick eating it. Just because you advertise you got low prices
that doesn't mean you got to take away from some of your
other prices.
Ar
  9th of Sep, 2009
Your husband owns a meat business, and you're buying 14 dollar steaks at WalMart? Your whole story sounds phony. My guess is your a fat, lonely housewife with nothing better to do.
Hy
  9th of Sep, 2009
wallmart meat is horrible! i bought a pack of cube steaks and it was not real steak, and it was so full of red dye .
Ka
  16th of Feb, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We had a similar experience with New York strips at Wal-Mart. we normally don't buy groceries there, but since we were there for something else, i decided to make an exception. the steaks LOOKED great, but when i cooked one last night, it had a weird texture, and like another person described was almost ham-like. it was too weird and my husband wouldn't eat it. so we won't be grocery shopping there again - their produce isn't the greatest anyway, so it's not worth the trip to save a few dollars.
Yu
  26th of Sep, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too purchased the "new york strip" steak, from the start the meat was slimy and my fingers slipped right through it. But stupidly i cooked it and it made my roommate and I throw up and was sick for about 3 days. Yesterday I returned the remains to the Ukiah Calif Walmart Store and since I didnt have a recpt the cashier at the "Customer Service Counter" who was standing there with a "closed" sign on the counter, told me no they couldnt refund the money. So the CSR Lindsey came up and didnt bother to hear the reason and just smiled and said No sorry cant return without a receipt . I then asked for the Store Manager Drew, who came up and I explained how bad the product was, how sick I got, and in fact they were falsely advertising a meat product which in fact contained no meat and was a soy based product. He read the back and then said to the "Customer Service" cashier to refund the amount.
What was sad was the pleasure the CSR Lindsey took in refusing to help and denying a product to be returned.

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores