Walmart / coffee machine exploded

United States Review updated:

I bought Mr coffe capppacino machine from walmart 4/22/2012. It exploded and coffee, coffee grinds, hot water & glass went everywhere. Scared a 7 yr old to death. Tried to report it to Jarden/ Mr coffee. Their solution was to send me another one. Shoot do you really think I want to try that again?

I spoke to the manager and asked him to take the coffee maker off the shelf. He said this is the first time that this has happened. He asked me how I used it. I told him I put it in the microwave, and he showed me a sign AT THE BOTTOM of the coffee machine which said not to be put in microwave. He basically blamed me for misusing the product.

Wal-mart not interested in taking it off the shelf unless manufactur has recall. If you have never had an explosion in your face then you get a MR coffee and you too came see what I'm talking about. I pray nobody has to have that happen.

Please do all can to remedy this situation

Comments

25th of Apr, 2012

Why should Walmart take the product off the shelf simply because one person doesn't know how to properly use it? A quick look at the Mr. Coffee website shows that every Cappuccino maker that they sell has metal parts on it, and rule number one of microwave ovens is NO METAL.

• La
      2nd of May, 2012

This is a joke post right? You put a coffee pot in the microwave and it exploded and it is somehow the fault of the store that sold it to you? Tee Hee! ... If this is real I am sort of sad that your entire household wasn't destroyed to stop the stupid.