Walmart / rude employees

United States Review updated:

I shop in Grove city, OH. Walmart every week usually in there every other day to pick something up. On Jan 2, 2011 I was checking out, the cashier was taking off my coupons, and she ask the girl that was over the cashiers, tried to say that I scannedmy coupons which i print off of the internet, I don, t even own a scanner and didn, t know what she was talking about I use printed coupons every week and nothing has been said, she really treated me like a criminal and told the manager that i was lying and I scanned them, I am a honest person that would nevr cheat or do anything like that, she really belittled me and embarrassed me in front of the customers, I reallt think Walmart needs to hire educated people that have a clue this isn, t the first time they have done something, there have been other issues. The employees there act like they hate their job, they are always complaining, give me an hour. the thing is after she made me wait for 20 minutes for another manager to look at the coupons the manager said they were ok, I think some of these people that are over the cashiers think they have some kind of college education and this is a power trip for them, they all need to take a class in how to be professional and maners.

Comments

•   Jul 07, 2008

Every Walmart I have been to in the past year has had the worst customer service. The employees are obviously dissatisfied with the moral because every time you hear them talking to one another they are complaining about never getting a break or working over. Of course not being treated properly makes them have a bad attitude towards customers. I don't know if the employees attitudes stem from being treated poorly by their employer of if there is that many rude individuals in the world.

• Ri
      Jul 07, 2008

I know Target is a little more pricey but so worth it over Walmart. I find their stores unclean, depressing and at least for the one near me nobody there speaks English

• Wi
      Dec 11, 2009

Walmart employees have become increasingly rude and incompitent. The last time I shopped there was the last straw. I had waited in line at the register for about 15 minutes. When I was next in line, they closed the register and moved to another one. I was once again at the END of the line and had to wait another 20 minutes. I complained to the cashier and the manager. They did not care. They were rude and told me, "That's just the way things happen." I know they don't care, but I will never shop at that place again.

• Bc
      Jun 10, 2010

I have had similar happen to me. I get so frustrated with them, so I wait until I reach the register, then I place all of my items on the counter / belt, and then I LEAVE! The employee has to remove everything (but will usually ring it all up first before they notice you've actually left), and Walmart has to pay the labor hours for this. I then go elsewhere to get what I need.

• Ka
      Jun 10, 2010

WalMart does suck when it comes to customer service. All of their registers are on timers/computer systems. So if the timer is telling the system that only one custmer is getting checked out every 5 mintutes, it is basically saying their "slow" and only need 4 registers opened. Even if there is 20 people in the same line...if that timer says their "slow" then they will not open another register. So if you have a slow employee ringing up your items, (which 95% of them are really slow) the timer is not getting reset and new lanes will not get opened. Every Walmart has 20+ lanes but on a typical day not even half are opened. And of course there are always at least 3 employees just standing at the counters watching everyone wait in line. Their idea of customer service is nuts. I hate going to WalMart and absolutely dread it because I already know I will have to wait in line for at least 10 minutes. WalMart wants to keep you in the store as long as possible because they think you will spend more money. Like WalMart doesnt have enough money already. A COMPLETE JOKE

• Na
      Feb 16, 2011

On 2-15-11a at830pm my daughter approached photo employee to recive baby articles sent from Marion OHIO.That emploee told her she needed her I.D. she went to get it from her car at 8:40 vanessa (daughter) returned to photo where that employer told her she could not help her because she left at 9:00. she would have to go to electronics where that employee told her she was the only one there and she would have to call someone to help her.Someone came after appox.10min.they then helped her but it took them 35min. to find her merchandise. This is unbelievable and she was treated so rude. She is pregnant and was very upset about this treatment.She and myself are very concerned because that is where she has her baby registry. Is this how her family and friends will be treated while they shop for Vanessa and her shower gifts? I hope this will be rectified we all shop Walmart alot but that could stop.

• Sh
      Feb 16, 2011

Nothing about that sounds rude. Who goes to pick up a package without id... then complains cause the employee didnt wait for you to show back up. Your daughter was directed where to go to get the help she needed and sounds like she left with her items, so what if she has to wait a bit & it didnt happen on your timetable. Ever think someone who knew nothing about it was searching the warehouse to find them and that is why it took time? Impatient people piss me off.

And why would you go to photo to pick up baby items and if your so concerned then unregister and go to target. Their warehouse is just as large.

• Re
      Feb 17, 2011

As a former employee of Wal Mart, people who have to go retrieve either their wallet or ID from their vehicles typically don't come back. So it was reasonable for the employee your daughter encountered not to wait for her to come back. Maybe you should think that maybe your daughter is angry because she's pregnant and has a short fuse at the moment and it wasn't their fault, but hers for coming in unprepared.

• Bc
      Feb 20, 2011

When Sam Walton was still alive and running the show, he had the policy that if there were more than 3 people waiting in line to check out, they would open another register; and it worked great. That man built the company on Customer Service, and knew that if you made the Customers happy, that would drive sales. He knew what he was doing, and that's why the company became such a success.
    Now that he's gone, the people running the company are only concerned about maximizing profits, regardless of the Customers. And it shows!
    Fortunately, I have been able to move on, going back to shopping where I used to shop - Target (wonderful Customer Service, clean stores, inventory-levels kept up, quiet), Petsmart, Kroger and Publix. I only shop at Walmart about once per week, instead of 2-4 times per week that I used to do. (I just feel bad for those who can't break away from Walmart's controlling grip, yet.)

• Li
      Jul 03, 2011

It seems any walmart anywhere will hire just about anyone. I tend to always get "sista" cashiers that automatically have a problem with me before I even open my mouth to say "Hello" to them. This occurs no matter where I go. Maybe I just seem to act like I'm better than them which offsets them. No clue. But it's the employees like that that make me go to the self check out lines. No having to hassle with rude employees thinking they're all that, slamming your stuff around and scoffing at you when you wish them a good day.

• Mi
      Jul 05, 2011

LOL!!! WalMart employees are uneducated, simpletons!!! nobody else will hire them and they are stuck working for the company. they should call it ChinaMart LOL!!! Hey, WalMart employees get a degree and life will be better for you!