Walmart / ripped me off

I bought a 400 dollar Playstation 3 at Wal-Mart in Plymouth MA yesterday. I got it home and noticed it was scratched. I went to return it and they wouldn't accept it, accusing me of switching an old broken one for a new one and trying to return it. Not the case at all.

Not only were they rude but they acted all high and mighty and treated me like a thief, escorting me outside, where there was a police car sitting there. I left without incident and went home.

I plugged the system in when i got home and it doesn't work. So I went back with my mother and grandfather today. New managers on duty, but same result. The serial number inside the machine doesn't match the box so they will not accept the return. They were much more polite with a few middle aged people present but still turned us away.

The next step is to contact the Wal-Mart corporate office, and the Sony corporate office. My advice to all people is to not shop at Wal-Mart and whenever and wherever you buy something expensive, open the item before you buy it and don't make your purchase there if they won't let you. I might be out 400 dollars with little to no recourse.

Ni

Comments

• Wa
      6th of Mar, 2009

Customer service in California Walmarts,
    San Leandro, CA rated an F for failure and refusing to take merchandise back. Recommend you take a tape recorder and record what the associates says because you are SOL after you walk out of the store. They also do not match prices with store 600 feet away from them. The management and associates need an to be trained again.

Union City, CA Will not match prices with local stores after showing them sale items from the competition. Great bait and switch company.

Fremont, CA Will not match prices with local stores after showing them sale items from the competition. Great bait and switch company.

Fremont, CA prices at this Walmart average about 5% higher than the other Fremont store 5 miles away. It was explained to me that the people in this neighborhood could afford to pay higher prices.

As a business consultant and trainer to big and small companies I must now admit that my experiences over the past 2 months have shown me that WalMart should change their slogan to WHEN YOU WALK OUT OF THE STORE YOU ARE SOL. ### OUT OF LUCK.

ANY FUTURE VISITS TO WALMART WILL BE DONE WITH A VIDEO CAMERA TO RECORD EXPERIENCES BOTH GOOD AND BAD.

Sincerely

Walter Deans
    510-996-3300

• Th
      4th of Feb, 2010

I've returned two items to the Plymouth Walmart, and what should have been a simple return each time turned into a PITA. The bleached blond, leather faced obvious 5-pack a day smoker "woman" working each time was a miserable, mean disgusting excuse for a human being.

I received my money back each time, but c'mon. In this economy places should have their pick of decent employees.