Walden University / Lack of honest advisement for PhD programs in Counseling Education and Supervision
I was interested in applying for the Doctoral programs in Counseling Education and Supervision and Human Services; I wanted to finalize my academic plans by determining which plan would be right for my career path. The enrollment advisor Lisa told me that I had to send a copy of my LPC license for the Counseling Ed program. I told her I was an LPC Intern; working toward full licensure, and she could look up the information on the state website; she told me she wasn't authorized to do that. The woman wasn't even informed of the process to acquire full licensure; I had to explain that to her. She replied in an unprofessional, sarcastic tone, "Well, I don't see what the big deal is." I decided to submit my credentials because I didn't like her tone, and the remote implication was I must not have any credentials. Well, the big deal is I am spending my time and money on gasoline and to fax the requested information. Since gasoline costs approximately $3.38-$3.53 a gallon, I am trying to conserve gasoline, I don't make extra trips. After I gave her a copy of my intern license, she couldn't tell me if this is what the committee needed to evaluate my credentials for the degree, and none of my credits transferred because they are over 10 years old. Lisa should have stated that at the beginning, and she acted unprofessional and extremely inconsiderate of my time. The doctoral degree program isn't CACREP accredited, but they insisted on me jumping through the hoops because I didn't graduate from a CACREP accredited school. Since I didn't graduate from a CACREP accredited school, I would be required to take twelve additional classes over a year and a half period before starting on the Counseling Education and Supervision degree (st least 96 hours). The other one has the same amount of hours. She treated me like I was a high school special education student, repeating things and overexplaining things as if to insult my intelligence. I decided to pursue other options, nobody disrespects me. This is no way to treat a prospective student. How would she feel if someone treated her or one of her relatives in the same manner?
More Walden University Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Walden University - FRAUD 
- [Resolved] Walden University - cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on! 
- [Resolved] Walden University - STEALING MONEY 
- Walden University - fraud in education 
- Walden University - Student complaint 
- Walden University - I did not enroll for the fall. Walden enrolled me anyway.
- Walden University - Walden University
- Walden University - Master's in FPSY
- Walden University - Lack of help to progress--delayed finish
- Walden University - service educational courses to students