Walden University / quality of DNP program
Think twice before you sign on to do a DNP program at Walden University. The Master's program was great! So, I stayed there to get my DNP...the content material was almost just like my master's program and the dissertation writing has been a nightmare. Response is slow. By policy they have 14 days before they have to respond but it takes much longer. The chapter writing has taken me over a year and I am told will be another 6-9 months. Getting the practicum hours in has been horrible. They are focused only on clinical sites like hospitals and Dr offices, but I am in leadership and now work as a compliance nurse for our state nursing board, so I wanted to have my hours in a setting that would contribute to my professional growth, but it was denied. It is like I am in a money trap..my course work is completed, but I can't get my committee to move along so I can get the project and the chapter writing completed. VERY frustrating. I have tried talking to them, but it has not helped. They gave me a different Chair, but the situation is not really any better. DO NOT go to Walden for a DNP.
More Walden University Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Walden University - FRAUD 
- [Resolved] Walden University - cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on! 
- [Resolved] Walden University - STEALING MONEY 
- Walden University - Lack of honest advisement for PhD programs in Counseling Education and Supervision 
- Walden University - fraud in education 
- Walden University - I did not enroll for the fall. Walden enrolled me anyway.
- Walden University - Walden University
- Walden University - Master's in FPSY
- Walden University - Lack of help to progress--delayed finish
- Walden University - service educational courses to students