Wachovia / Wells Fargo Bank / Unauthhorized closure of retirement account
Due to an error by Wachovia Bank in January 2010, my IRA CD in the amount of $110, 000 was closed without my authorization, either oral or written, and the dollar amount shifted to a taxable CD. An incomprehensibly vague letter was sent by Wachovia in the last quarter of 2009. After speaking to an employee of Wachovia, I was assured no further action was necessary.
Since this entire amount will be designated taxable by the IRS for the 2010 tax year, our taxes, both Federal and State, will be astronomical. My husband and I are retirees on a fixed income and cannot afford such a hefty tax burden.
I feel that Wells Fargo, as the successor to Wachovia, should change the coding on this account to reflect that funds were held in a retirement account throughout 2010 and not generate a 1099 form.
I have spent countless hours over the past several months working with Wells Fargo attempting to remedy this situation and have been stonewalled at every turn.
More Wachovia / Wells Fargo Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - customer service banker's
- Wells Fargo - fees
- Wells Fargo - home mortgage
- Wells Fargo - bill pay
- Wells Fargo - fraud