Vonage / Taking money out of account!

2308 stewart rdMonroe, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 734-735-7836
We ordered vontage phone service, wasn't able to hook up. Sent box back never opened it up. Was never told about dsl not available in area. Needless to say they have been billing my account for almost 6 months, called to disconnect and was billed again after i was told they would stop the billing. This has been one of the worst experience i have ever had with a utility company, i work for one of the biggest utility companies in the world and we don't treat our customers this way

Comments

Ad
  8th of Mar, 2008
I called them and was told they could use my satilite service high speed dail up and there was no problem ,oh and that they would call my phone company to cancel my phone service?I should have said no i will,so any way i get it hooked up now they tell me call your phone company and make sure they are diconnecting by fri.My phone company said that once they turned my phone service off,i will lose my internet service with them and have no phone or internet service .I couldnt beleive it.My phone company also said that this happens ALL day long they get the same phone calls and,there are so many law suits against them.SO I have canceled service and i have been charged for hooking up and canceling and have to pay to send the junk back,i am supposed to receive a refund on everything but postage.I feel they owe me that as well they out right lied. to me I hope they will honor what they have said.Im calling my credit card company and telling them and letting them deal with it.DONT DO VONTAGE!!!!
Ed
  25th of Mar, 2008
THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN TO ME. With all seriousness. DO NOT GET VONTAGE!
Di
  22nd of Apr, 2008
30 day free trail.. Nothing free about it. I was able to install and use the phone for 5 days. On the 6th day I wasn't able to make out bound calls. I looked up the FAQs went through reinstalling unhooking rebooting and so on only to have the same issue. When I wrote the company to cannel the 30 trail I was told to call. OK got two tin cans and a String? Meanwhile they sent me the FAQs and told me to try this. After I included what I did to resolve the problem. I had to call from work, and then was told I would be charged 142.50 for a 20.00 router until it was returned. None of that was mentioned when I signed up. If you call Vontage and listen to the phone tree you will find out what they are selling. You get the same gaps crackles and more at home.
Gl
  21st of Jul, 2008
my daughter tried to disconnect services and was told couldnt dissconnect untill total bill was paid and she would be charged monthly fee untill it was paid RIP OFF
Da
  16th of Sep, 2008
vontage what a RIP OFF AND A SCAM STAY AWAY FROM VONTAGE?
Sn
  9th of Aug, 2009
Why didnt you just call your bank and stop payment and block them from accessing your account? I would think if you worked for the "largest utility company" you surely would of had the brains to correct the problem by other means.
Sn
  9th of Aug, 2009
I think people just like to complain or are with the competition. Vonage has excellent service and have never over charged my account. They dont have added fees. Their customer service is wonderful. So I dont understand where this person is getting off saying what he is. But when you put two and two together, he already claimed he works for another utility company...MMMMMMMMMM??? I smell dirty rat.

Vonage Logo Vonage