Vonage / unauthorized charges on my card

AK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 907-770-5476
I inquired at vonage about international call, the agent told me that they have unlimited calls program to philippines, agent told me all the set up fees and I said I dont want the service because the fees were rediculuos, then she told me that she will waive all the charges except for the $14.00 for shp and handling then I said ok I gave her my credit card and then she said she made a mistake instead of $14.00 I will be charge $60.00 then I said NO but she said its already been charge, she gave me a customer service number but once they know that you are trying to get a refund they will put you on hold for minutes then they will transfer you to a different agent to make it short they will try everything so that you cant get your money back, then after 60 days I got another charge for the services that I dont have, I dont even have any equipment from vonage, never had any even a piece of wire, then my bank called them disputing the charges and my bank told them I intend to cancel the "service" that I never had in the first place and vonage sent me an email that they will charge me for $119.88 for cancelling the service, this people are crooks, please spread the word, they are nothing but a common thief, beware dont give them your credit cards, Its a nigthmare, worse of the worse company, what else can I do to make sure that other dont become a victim, is there any gov't agency that can investigate this crooks?

Comments

An
  3rd of Dec, 2007
Free 2 months of service from Vonage, not so. I canceled my 2 months of free servive and was charged 130. Nothing FREE at Vonage, be careful.
Ma
  2nd of Jan, 2008
vonage are doing it to me same as what they are doing to other, chargging my credit card without asking my permission and telling me they already send the device and charge me 97 dollars,
which they told me it free,,,

i want to sue them for getting my money in my credit card without permission..,and it so hard to contack them,,,
Cr
  19th of Jan, 2008
SUE for a full refund in small claims court. I won my claim. You can, too!

ALWAYS communicate with Vonage via POSTAL mail (paper).

Vonage is the new MCI: they're good at selling but have ZERO interest in customer service, have ZERO ethics, and don't even have the best audio codecs. You're call quality will suffer with vonage. Most of their money is spent on advertising. Their "support" model is like AOL: paying abusive cretins that use vonage with free vonage service. ZERO accountability!!

You're better off with VoicePulse.com or even voip.com. VoicePulse has the BEST quality audio codecs with the lowest compression. $20/mo unlimited National. They also offer lower bandwidth codecs. I use them. They're a little slow implementing new features. It's been TWO years and no new features.. but they will never screw you like vonage does.

For best results use a router that works with DD-WRT.com firmware!

--quote-start--

VoicePulse is the only service that offers five features to protect your privacy.

* Telemarketer Block stops telemarketers even before your phone rings.
* Anonymous Call Block stops all unidentified calls. (I LOVE this feature!)
* Do Not Disturb stops all calls.
* Filters let you configure who can ring your phone and who can't. (puts an end to abusive family calls)
* CallerID Block stops others from seeing your phone number when you make calls. (if I don't get to see who it is they are NOT ALLOWED to ring MY phone)

--quote-end--

voicepulse can also email voicemail.

Combine with YouMail.com for your mobile phone -- screw verizon wireless!

If you're techically savvy consider getting OPEN SOURCE asterisk and setting up your own VoIP system that's SIP friendly.. with EVERY FEATURE imaginable..

save even more money!!

asterisk.org

"Asterisk is the world’s leading open source telephony engine and tool kit. Offering flexibility unheard of in the world of proprietary communications, Asterisk empowers developers and integrators to create advanced communication solutions...for free"

asterisknow.org

"AsteriskNOW is an open source Software Appliance; a customized Linux distribution that includes Asterisk (the leading open source telephony engine and tool kit), the AsteriskGUI™, and all other software needed for an Asterisk system. AsteriskNOW is easy to install, and offers flexibility, functionality and features not available in advanced, high-cost proprietary business systems."

The VoIP providers, especially vonage, will hate me for informing you about asterisk! ;)

spread the word and screw vonage into non-existence

web ads suck too. never see another one. get all three easylists: http://easylist.adblockplus.org
An
  25th of Oct, 2008
IF YOUR TIME IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, NEVER USE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD. They are the worst in the industry! For the 4th or 5th time in a few months, they have put a hold on my credit card for no reason. It is so embarrasing! I am waiting in line to pay the cashier at a supermarket and the card gets declined. I know that there is plenty of money on the card, so I called the customer service number. Guess what? I am transferred to India, where I could barely understand the customer rep's thick Indian accent. I had to repeat my card number several times, then she argues that the number I gave is not a legitimate number. I said, "What?!" I am reading the card that you, guys issued me and I have been using this same card for years. Then, she puts me on hold for several minutes. Upon her return, I remind her that I am still holding up the line at the supermarket and people are starting to glare at me like it's my fault that my credit card is having problems. The service rep asks me to repeat the credit card number 2 more times, puts me on hold for 3 more minutes and then says that there is no hold on the card and for the cashier to try to run it again. For the 4th time, the store cashier runs the card and again, the computer screen says that the card is declined. I tell the service rep this, and she still insists that it is not on their end, but on the store's end. The cashier runs the card 2 more times. Same thing. I ask the service rep to be transferred to a supervisor and she says in "an-i-don't-give-a-crap" voice, "I can't transfer you until I exhaust all the troubleshooting possibilities. What are the last 3 digits on the back of your card?" I give her the number and she says, "That is an invalid code". Again, I shriek, '"What?! I am simply reading the back of my card and I have used this code and this card for years? What is going on?" She says (amused), "Hold the line..." Again, I was on hold for several minutes, then she comes back on the line and said, "I don't see any problem on the card. Run the card again... Maybe this time it will work." I ask the cashier (who at this time, is now glaring at ME), to run the card one last time. Guess what? Card is still declined and the phone goes dead!

Vonage Logo Vonage