Vodafone / Prepaid / activation of caller tune without request and deducting the balance!

India Review updated:
4.55

I had called a friend, who had a caller tune. After disconnecting the line I received a msg from 56789 informing me that my caller tune has been activated. I immediately called the customer care of Vodafone, saying I don't want the caller tune and I've not requested for it. The customer care executive bluntly replied that I copied the caller tune by pressing a * button on my mobile (which I've not done), anyway first with the benefit of doubt I kept quite. And a balance of Rs. 45.00 was deducted from my account.

I called the same friends number after a week, but this time I've taken at most care not to press any buttons. As soon as I disconnected the line, the same msg from 56789. That my request for caller tune has been accepted and will be activated, again I have called customer care and complained but the same answer.

This shows that Vodafone is cheating people and taking away their prepaid balance on some pretext or the other. The customer care executive are not well trained, they do not use International morse codes like alpha, brovo, charlie for the alphabet. The customer care of Vodafone or Hutch is no customer care only it is customer looting and very rude customer care executives.

Comments

Pr
  28th of Nov, 2007
Yes I did faced the same kind of problem but in a slight different way. I completely agree with the above statement. I'm thinking to register a case against Vodafone in the consumer court beacuse I've all the evidence which is enough to gain the case in my favor.
Ka
  29th of Nov, 2007
I am facing similar problem on my postpaid vodafone card. I received SMS on 11 Nov 2007 saying that Caller Tunes has been activated on my number. The fact was that I never sent any request to activate caller tunes. Worse they charged Rs 30/- in my this months bill. I wrote to vodafone but they said that they can not deduct Rs. 30 now. I have asked them to show me the proof. Lets see...
Ki
  4th of Dec, 2007
I have Experienced the Similar Problem.. I guess its intentional, cause its easy money for VODAFONE.
Ni
  8th of Dec, 2007
Ah... Vodafone sucks on that issue... there's hardly any use complaining to those useless 'customer care' people... they've absolutely no clue about whats happening & they give the most ridiculous solutions... Caller tune problem is a huge issue that a lot of people are facing... We should find a solution to this day light robbery...
Ri
  29th of Feb, 2008
yes i agree
Sr
  27th of Mar, 2008
I am Rama krishna from Hyderabad. I buy a Vodafone SIM No: 9966455567. Suddenly My services stopped and my sim is blocked. Some Vodafone Distributors send request to Vodafone customercare without my permission.The Vodafone customarcare people blocked my sim without my permission. iam subbmited all proofs my self. I am using this number for my family purpose. Now all are suffering. Please find this type Commanding on the customers and control this. Send the Replay now.
Sr
  27th of Mar, 2008
Please Activate My Service +91 9966455567, S.Rama Krishna, My SIM Blocked Without my Permission,
Sa
  7th of Jun, 2008
The customer service is poor . The customer care representaters does not guide the customer so well. I am also in a problem that the cusomer care 111(tollfree) no cannot received from the representers.
  22nd of Aug, 2008
Hi, I'm Hitesh From Gujarat
Ar
  28th of Aug, 2008
sir
request for you
09999664271 this no is broblem you are solve the my problem out going call stop show the number is barried .
thanku
novelity
Vi
  20th of Nov, 2008
Respected Sir/Mam
I m Vinita Vasishtha, your valuable customer...last night i have gotted wrong information about the coupon of 1000 minutes...to your customer excutive...L m thinking to complain against vodafone in the consumer court because i, ve all the evidence which is enough to gain in the case in my favor.The customer service is poor.The customer care representative does not guide the customer so well...I, ll take solid action against to vodafone in the cunsumer court...Your customer excutive doing this mistake again end again..Send the reply now ...
Pf
  4th of Dec, 2008
i agree with all of you guys..I'm also having the same problem with vodafone. I always recieve about 5-8 unsolicited, voice recorded, commercial calls from vodafone..after i reject the call i use to recieve a mess from vodafone saying this or that song has been added as my caller tune and this amount has been deducted from my balance... and when i complain to the cust care they say that i must have pressed some keys which i know i never did..i know that its daylight robbery by them... i'm just waiting for the right time to hit them back.. Vodafone sucks... they suck real bad...I'm shifting to Airtel for good and all my friends are too...
Pf
  4th of Dec, 2008
i hope that vodafone will become bankrupt...i'll be the happiest man alive then...
Ni
  29th of Dec, 2008
i also faced a similar problem.they have activated my callertune without any request.They are such big cheaters.i have 2 leave 2moro and i am left with no balance.they did it to negative.m helpless now.no source to get my phone recharged.such bloody dogs..They must go bankrupt ina few days..
Ra
  18th of May, 2009
i am Raja my vodafone Prepaid no is 9711078245, i am just looking for the call detail of last 2 month, will u be able to please e-mail me the list.
Thanking u
Di
  13th of Jun, 2009
i am dinesh kumar, my vodafone no 9888374219. The customer care service is very poor . The customer care representaters does not guide the customer so well. I am also in a problem that the cusomer care 111(tollfree) no cannot received from the representers.
An
  14th of Jul, 2009
respected sir/mam
i recharged my number with rc50. then i got rupees 46 in my phone.i registered for sms pack of Rs 5 but i dont get my messange pack. then i call to 111 but they hold my phone and then disconnect my phone. then they start cutting my balance from phone. they start chat service and callertune. i neither said to them for that nor i send any message to them. they make my balance -20 RS . THEN after 5days i rechare my phone with RS 20 after 1 day they again subtract my balance with some services .and now my balance is RS -1.i dont use any services. the name of ur employ is nitin, ajay . but there are two more but i forget their names .my number is 9646188924. i want my balance back..
yours faithful