Vodacomquality of cellphone calls

The problem started from the first of January 2017 I would call from my Vodacom number [protected] and suddenly the other person can't hear me or I can't hear them. It sometimes happens 3 to 4 times within the first 5 minutes of the call. I would hang up and call again. I thought it may be my handset but several other people also complained about the same thing. My daughter [protected] in Hartebeespoort and my son [protected] in Polokwane have had the same problem.

I have reported this phenomenon on 3 separate occasions. When asked if somebody else has complained of the same thing happening, I have been assured that it is an isolated case and nothing like this has been reported by other Vodacom customers. After my second complaint somebody from Vodacom called me and told me as it was not dropped calls they cant give me free minutes??? I said I don't want money of free minutes, I just wanted Vodacom to fix the problem because it is frustrating the hell out of me. I was also informed that the problem was due to "network congestion" and by another consultant that it must be a problem originating from the cell tower closest to me. Why then are people in other parts of the country experiencing the same problem?

The last person from Vodacom that I spoke to, actually told me to complain using this forum. He was at least honest enough to admit that several other people have also complained of the same thing happening to them.

What is going on???? Why are we as paying customers of Vodacom being treated like ignorant fools and kept in the dark about a technical problem that is affecting our quality of service from Vodacom??

If this issue isn't addressed quickly or at least acknowledged by Vodacom, I am taking my money to another network and will be sure to tell everyone I know about the poor service I have received.

El
Jan 20, 2017

Comments

• We
      Jan 20, 2017

We also experiencing this at Thuthukani, since 4 months ago, and it's bad for business. At the end we will loose business and can not pay them. Or else they must make an arrangement for us to pay only for the devices, and look for another service provider.

• Lo
      Jan 20, 2017

I fully agree but Voadacom should man up and accept responsibility for whatever the matter is. I feel strongly that is extremely poor form to leave their customers in the dark about the problem. Are the hoping the problem will just go away or are we as their customers so used to poor service that we just keep quiet about it and accept is as acceptable behaviour from Vodacom???