Vodacom / data usage

1 South Africa

The problem I have with Vodacom is that they are misleading me as a customer. We went to Rio in December and when we arrived I bought 5 Gig of data, I did get the confirmation sms that this was activated. I only needed this for whatup and uber so the data I used for the 2 weeks was only 288 mb. Despite the 5 Gig I bought on the 27 Dec I also bought 5 Gig the 1 Jan 2019 just to make sure I have enough data. To my surprise Vodacom said they are charging me out of bundle prices for the 288mb because the data I bought are only applicable to South Africa. What I do not understand is that when you dial *111# it gives you 2 options one SA or foreign country so I chose foreign country and after the steps, Vodacom send me the confirmation sms that the data was loaded. Why on earth will I buy data in Rio for use in SA I really needs to be stupid... So this comes down to misleading the customer, they do not want to reimburse me because according to them this data is only applicable in SA. I'm a customer of Vodacom the last 20 years and will definitely tell people not to use Vodacom overseas they will rip you off... you know they charge me R 3470 for 288 mb that is a joke... weldone Vodacom you have ripped off another client... I do know there are one party that will be very happy about this and that is your shareholders...

Pi