Vivitek Corporation / Nightmare

It's funny to think I've always told my wife, "Don't purchase anything on TV". As I was flipping the channels I stumbled over "ShopNBC" and there it was, the love of my life (or so I thought) a VIVITEK 56" DLP TV, PROTRON HD. The colors the size of the screen all the things you can do with it, AMAZING (YEA, RIGHT!!!).

I called my wife, "Hey, honey look at this TV" she tried to talk me out of it but the offer was great. Warranty, picture quality, and function. What a lie!!! NOTHING CONFORMS TO THIS TV NONE OF THE UNIVERSAL CHANNEL CHANGERS. You can't do all the things it says it does. But we accepted that.

We received the TV in October 2005 and in less than six months the TV stopped working. On 3/27/06 ShopNBC referred my wife to VIVITEK. On 3/29/06 I called VIVITEK who referred her to Decision One the so called "technicians".

On 3/29/06 she made an appointment and when the technician came on 4/4/06 he told us he couldn't fix it that the lamp went out but he told the company he had changed some parts and he never did.

Getting them to understand that the technician did nothing and he didn't fix the TV was a nightmare. They refused to listen, treated my wife unprofessionally, hanging up and ignoring her. Calling her a liar. They told her ludicrous things like if you want a technician to come back, the company that opened the account for repair should have ended that request so that a new one can be placed.

My wife continued to call ShopNBC, and VIVITEK she spoke to supervisors and emailed letters. Still time was passing and no TV. $2, 289.98 black monster screen.

My wife was fed up and began to search the web for the corporate offices and sent emails to the Corporate offices highest positions of VIVITEK, DELTA PRODUCTS she pleaded with them and let them know that with today’s technology and the web it was very easy to let people know how dysfunctional their company was with their customers.

She informed them that if they sell the TV's with a warranty they must abide by it and that she would not allow anyone to steal 2, 289.98 from us.

In the end she finally got someone from corporate office to listen to her and send her the form necessary to purchase the 1 lamp.

Funny isn't it, free enterprise that I wanted to purchase 2 lamps and they did not allow it. I was only permitted to purchase 1 lamp and they wouldn't tell me why. I couldn't get the other lamp even though it was my money.

All this took constant battling until about 5/15/06 that the lamp finally arrived. 2 MONTHS OF UNNECESSARY FRUSTRATION, AGRAVATION AND UTTER DISGUST. Now, I'm going to need a new lamp and my frustration begins again. WHYYYYYYY?
Ar