Vista Print / Unauthorized billing

My son and I own Battle Ground Printing we had a customer come into our shop and claim we had given him free business cards but we had also started taking out of his bank account $14.95 a month for some membership. I advised him we have no free business card program and would not take money form his bank without his signature. He presented a business card to me said he ordered it on line from Battle Ground Printing and advised him he can request a price quote but to purchase a card he would need to come in to place the order.

I turn his free business card over and on the back it read clearly Vista Print. I went then to the web and sure enough there where now two Battle Ground Printings listed however on the top one the link was for vistaprint.com the next was ours. But with in weeks we had a total of five customers with the same complaint. I contacted google and talked with their personal and was advised that since Battle Ground is a city and Print is a type of service what Vista was doing was legal.

So I did a little digging and found that my company was not the only one they do this too. I made contact with Vista Print the phone number listed goes off island ask for phone numbers to the main operation since I was not being ripped off for $14.00 I guess they gave them to me and I called. They stated they did not understand how this could have happened they want their customers doing business with them directly bla bla. Much to my surprise I found that the State of Washington print service has a web page as well which has now been duplicated by Vista Print and I hope the State Atty. goes after them with everything they can.

The owner of Vista Print has been hailed in my industry as a good guy who makes over $300, 000. 00 a year as wages and now I can see why. It's a good thing that I, (born in Montana), and this Montana business man don't meet up because where I come from things are most often settled like men and thats man to man. Vista Print you are the ### of the earth and you have used my good name to rip people off. I hope that you not only go out of business but that all your upper end management end up behind bars reading fine print and disclaimers for life.

Co

Comments

• Hb
      11th of Dec, 2010

VISTA PRINT in the news: BOSTON -- "A company is accused of running one of the largest unauthorized consumer billing operations in the country." (Watch the news clip)