Virgin Mobile USA / allowed third party charges and won't help
Virgin Mobile won't resolve this issue. Below is basically the email I sent them.
On Saturday, September 6, I was searching for Yankee Candle coupons. I clicked on www.whalecoupon.com. In order to register, the site asked for a cell phone number. I entered my cell phone number, received a several text messages, and a password. My Virgin Mobile Top-up message popped up to let me know to add more money to my cell phone. I just added money 24 hours earlier. To my horror, this company charged $9.99 to my cell phone plus the text message charges. And, there was nothing on the top of the website to indicate a fee would be charged.
I went back to their main website again and kept scrolling down, and in fine print it mentioned the fee and indicated to go to the cancel page. but there’s no link. So I went to the Internet and found https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/coupon-whale-c239116.html which has complaints concerning “canceling”. I followed the instructions to go to www.info-text-alerts.com and read more fine print. Finally, I find www.info-text-alerts.com/cancel and this site wants my cell phone number and password to cancel, so I did. I did receive a text message that I was canceled, but I don’t trust them.
Also, I sent the company www.info-text-alerts.com a short email stating that I wanted my money back and why.
More Virgin Mobile USA Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Virgin Mobile - total rip off 
- Virgin Mobile - scam 
- Virgin Mobile USA - virgin mobile usa - customer service is a joke! 
- Virgin Mobile - somebody changed number & vkey on my account! 
- Virgin Mobile Usa-cell Phone - partial service for full payment 
- Virgin Mobile - im having trouble with cancelling my phone service
- Virgin Mobile - hidden fees added to my bill
- Virgin Mobile - douchebags
- Virgin Mobile - service provided and customer service
- Virgin Mobile - trying to get unused locked virgin mobile phone - unlocked for less fortunate person