Virgin Active / gym membership cancellation
I joined the thundesley club in August 2007, I had a membership for myself and my two children. At the time of joining I specified that I could only afford to pay for a year and that I only wanted a year's contract. I therefore only paid for 12 months then stopped paying and stopped using the gym. This morning I have received a letter from a debt collecting agency asking me for £529.50 on behalf of you. I am appalled, I am not trained in legal matters and didn't understand the terms and conditions but I did ask the salesperson to clarify the situation and the saleperson who sold me this contract stated that I had only joined for 12 months and would not be liable for any more payments. I only paid for a year because I knew I would not be able to afford any more payments. I have no money to pay this £529.50. I have not used the gym since August 2008 and now I am going to be taken to court because I was mis-sold this contract. I am not hiding or trying to shirk my debts but I think this is unjust and unfair. I have always believed the Virgin group of companies to be fair, honest and just. Am I wrong?
I have searched the web in vain for a name and contact details for someone I can complain to - can anybody help me please?
More Virgin Active Complaints & Reviews
- Virgin Active - problems with club membership agreement 
- Virgin Active South Africa - bad customer service 
- Virgin Active - personal training structure
- Virgin Active - cancellation of contract 
- Virgin Active - diamond membership
- Virgin Active South Africa - Im complaining about misrepresentation
- Virgin Active South Africa - pool
- Virgin Active South Africa - watt bikes
- Virgin Active South Africa - bad attitude
- Virgin Active Lorraine - pool and staff service