[Resolved] Viking River Cruises / flight reservations

1 VA, United States

I scheduled a vacation in February 2010 for a vacation in July 2010. I paid the extra $100 for seat assignments. I explain to the clerks that I needed seats by the window for my wife and myself due to disabilities. No problem, I was told since I paid the money. One month before our trip I was told that my wife was flying out of Chicago to Belgium and that I was flying out of Washington, DC. I explained the reason for paying the $100 dollars and they said they could not guarantee the seating assignment. What was the extra money for if they couldn't guarantee the seating assignments? I did purchase the insurance so I did not loose all my money but they destroyed the vacation.

• Resolution statement

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Oct 14, 2010

Dear Mr. Hendricks,

We sincerely regret that you felt it was necessary to cancel your reservation. Your concerns are important to us and we kindly ask that you allow us the opportunity to discuss them in greater detail. Please contact us directly at TellUs@vikingrivercruises.com.

Sincerely,