[Resolved] Viking River Cruises — onboard booking information not clear or complete
My husband and I have traveled with Viking on 4 river cruises and have always been very satisfied with our experiences. On our last trip in May 2018, we decided to book an ocean cruise for April 2020. The information we received in our cabin to encourage us to book while on board indicated that "Onboard bookings are made on behalf of your Travel Agent". No where in any materials we received from the person who booked our trip onboard was there an indication that we needed to do anything or that there was a time frame for an action on our part to transfer this booking. No inquiry was made about our travel agent so I assumed it was something that could be taken care of in the future. When I e-mailed my travel agent today about this trip, she contacted Viking and was told the trip had to be transferred to her with in 6 weeks of the booking. I called Viking and spoke with two people who told me that it was too late to make the transfer and no exceptions can be made. How can this be when no information was given about any necessary procedures or time lines? This trip is still more than a year away and we have made no changes in it at all. Had there been any indication of a procedure or time limit I certainly would have complied. I don't feel this is fair. Is there something that can be done?
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Dec 04, 2018
We appreciate you contacting us, Vikingtraveler, and regret to hear of this misunderstanding. In order for us to look into your case further, please contact us at [protected]@VikingCruises.com with your booking information. We hope to hear from you through that outlet and wish you a great day.
More Viking River Cruises Complaints & Reviews
- Viking River Cruises - scam 
- Viking River Cruises - the cruise that never was 
- Viking River Cruises - breach of contract 
- Viking River Cruises - additional cost to correct their travel arrangement mess 
- Viking River Cruises - customer satisfaction 
- Viking River Cruises - substandard in every way 
- [Resolved] Viking Cruises - customer service and refund policy
- Viking Ocean Cruises - panama canal
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruise - long ship cruise becomes long bus ride 
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruises - terrible communication policy