[Resolved] Viking River Cruises / false marketing

My husband and I are currently on the Viking Var for a "Christmas in Germany" cruise which displays the Nuremberg Christmas Market on the cover of our itinerary. When we arrived in Nuremberg, we found out the Christmas Markets do not open until December 1st. In fact, only our last 2 stops will have open Christmas Markets however we were offered a trip to Heidelberg to visit their Vhristmas Market at a cost of $139 per person.
In addition, the ship was not decorated when we arrived. Upon asking our cruise director about the Christmas Markets, his reply was "I don't know what Viking sold you, but I'll note it in my report". I can tell you that there are a lot of upset and disappointed people on this cruise. Most have said they would have booked later but were assured by their sales agents that the Christmas Markets would be open now. This is not was we expected nor what we thought we bought!

• Resolution statement

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2017

Dear Kejee,

While we regret to learn of your disappointment, we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. In an effort to address your concerns immediately, we invite you to contact us at [protected]@vikingcruises.com with your booking information. We look forward to hearing from you through that outlet, and hope you find your overall experience to be an enjoyable one.

Kind regards,