[Resolved] Viking River Cruises / false marketing
My husband and I are currently on the Viking Var for a "Christmas in Germany" cruise which displays the Nuremberg Christmas Market on the cover of our itinerary. When we arrived in Nuremberg, we found out the Christmas Markets do not open until December 1st. In fact, only our last 2 stops will have open Christmas Markets however we were offered a trip to Heidelberg to visit their Vhristmas Market at a cost of $139 per person.
In addition, the ship was not decorated when we arrived. Upon asking our cruise director about the Christmas Markets, his reply was "I don't know what Viking sold you, but I'll note it in my report". I can tell you that there are a lot of upset and disappointed people on this cruise. Most have said they would have booked later but were assured by their sales agents that the Christmas Markets would be open now. This is not was we expected nor what we thought we bought!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2017
While we regret to learn of your disappointment, we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. In an effort to address your concerns immediately, we invite you to contact us at [protected]@vikingcruises.com with your booking information. We look forward to hearing from you through that outlet, and hope you find your overall experience to be an enjoyable one.
More Viking River Cruises Complaints & Reviews
- Viking River Cruises - scam 
- Viking River Cruises - the cruise that never was 
- Viking River Cruises - breach of contract 
- Viking River Cruises - additional cost to correct their travel arrangement mess 
- Viking River Cruises - customer satisfaction 
- Viking River Cruises - substandard in every way 
- [Resolved] Viking Cruises - customer service and refund policy
- Viking Ocean Cruises - panama canal
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruise - long ship cruise becomes long bus ride 
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruises - terrible communication policy