Viking River Cruisesdisappearing loyalty program

I just booked my 8th river cruise with Viking and was very disappointed to find out they have discontinued their "Past Guest Travel Credit". What incentives do their loyal repeat customers now have to continue booking with them other than the cocktail reception for Explorer Society members? We are planning to book additional cruises, including ocean cruises in the future with our travel companions but what incentives does Viking offer to continue to earn my loyalty and that of the other 10 travelers that I have referred? Please consider reinstating discounts for your repeat customers.
Kerry Sullivan
Viking member #[protected]

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Jan 15, 2017

Dear Ms. Sullivan:

Thank you for your loyalty to Viking Cruises. We are aware that there is some confusion about the status of the Viking Explorer Society travel credit benefit. Please allow us to offer an explanation.

The Viking Explorer Society travel credit is still a benefit to loyal Viking guests. Some of the special promotions available in January and February of 2017 are not combinable with the Viking Explorer Society travel credit, as these specific promotions already include the value of the travel credit in the cruise price. As you may know, the Viking Explorer Society also includes a number of additional benefits that are still exclusively available to members.

We understand that this change in promotion restrictions has caused some confusion and we hope that this provides some clarity for you and all of our valued Explorer Society members.

To discuss the travel credit as it relates to your booking, we’ve arranged for a Viking representative to contact you directly within the next 24 hours.

Ms. Sullivan, we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and look forward to speaking with you.

Kind regards,
    Viking Cruises

• Updated by Kejee, Jan 16, 2017

I was contacted by a Viking representative who explained how the January specials worked. She was very helpful and she addressed all my issues. I have always found Viking to be responsive and I will continue to be a loyal customer.

Ke