Viatortour bus broke down

Date: May 2, 2017
Supplier: Napoli city vision
Supplier confirmation number: LUCA DI LAURO
Booking reference: BR-[protected]

My wife and I booked a tour through Viator to visit Pompeii and the Amalfi coast from our cruise (Norwegian Epic) on May 2nd. The tour was advertised as 8 hours long leaving at 9am. There were 12 people on the tour that were on the same cruise ship as we were and the guides were aware we needed to be back to our ship by 6pm the latest. They split the large group in 2 to accommodate our deadline (although the tour should have been over at 5pm anyway as that is the 8 hour mark?).

The 12 of us were put on a separate small fiat van on our way to the Amalfi coast. On the way back the van broke down in the mountains with nearly no cell reception. The guide had to use one of the customer's cell phones who had one bar of reception to call for assistance as her phone was dead. We had to ask her several times for an update and she gave very vague information, stating that another bus was coming in 10 minutes. It took over an hour for the other bus to reach us.

The drive back to the cruise ship was the scariest thing my wife and I have ever experienced as the driver was clearly in a rush to get us back to the ship. When we arrived to the port we had to run (literally run) to board the boat. They were pulling up the ramps as we approached. I have never experienced such anxiety in my life.

What is the most surprising is that the van was not equipped with a basic tool kit or any contingency plan in case of emergency. We were lucky to have 3 mechanics on board (one was up to his elbows in grease under the hood but without tools of any kind not much could be done). I have a picture of the incident but the jpg file is too large to attach. Here is a link to the picture via my dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2s5lg2kcdp3kv7/DSC_0779.JPG?dl=0

What I want is either my money back from this tour or a voucher for another tour. We will be traveling in Europe until May 12th. We are currently in Greece and will be In Berlin May 8th, returning to Canada May 12th.

I would appreciate a call or email back about this. My email is [protected]@live.com and my cell number is [protected].

Chris Giesbrecht