Verizon Wireless / Lg Mint Chocolate / defective phones!

I purchased a Mint Chocolate for my daughter from Verizon Wireless. The first phone was completely unusable. The phone would jump to mobile web even when no one was near the phone. On the second phone the charging port broke.

This makes me wonder if perhaps these phones have some major defects in construction. If they do, Verizon needs to let it's customers know this before they put up money for the phones and sign an agreement for 2 years.

OH and BTW. DO NOT ever expose a Chocolate to any type of humidity. No matter what type. There are little dots inside the phone and just being in a humid room will turn them pink and "void the manufacturers warranty". Not that Verizon would ever tell you that before you buy the phone.

Va

Comments

• Er
      6th of Mar, 2007

I completely agree with what you are saying. I purchased the LG Mint Chocolate in November. It was great for the first few weeks. I didn't have a problem with it. I never took my phone in the bathroom during a shower or put it near water or anything that could cause water damage to it.

About a month and a half after buying my phone, the charging port broke. Verizon sent me a new phone and by hand I moved all my contacts.

And now, today, EVERY picture and video I had on my phone were deleted off of my memory card. I actually thing that this problem is caused by LG. I had a blue LG V-Cast phone before my Mint Chocolate and it had done the same thing.

I'm not thinking that it's JUST the chocolate that is causing problems. I never had a phone problem until I started buying LG phones.

However, I do agree that the Mint Chocolates have a charging problem. Does anyone else have a hard time getting the charger in and out of the phone? I don't believe getting a charger out and putting it in should be so difficult. I'm not the only one with this problem, many others at my school have the same problem with the chocolates. But of course, Verizon continues to shove Chocolate commercials down our throats on computer ads and television commercials.

• Ad
      13th of Oct, 2007

In order for me to charge the battery I need to hold down the charger when its connected to the phone. If that is the same problem you are having, it has most likely lost the connection with the battery. If you are feeling confident enough, you could take the phone apart by removing the battery and the back plate, and soldering the bad connection.

My phone also randomly connects to the internet, I had a fight with my service provider because I had an enormous bill for surfing the net, when the phone does it automatically.

This is a nicely designed phone, but it lacks quality... I'll be sticking with the Asians next time.

• Te
      13th of Nov, 2007

My daughter is on her 4th mint chocolate. Every few months the screen goes white and wont shut off until you remove the battery. I take it back to Verizon and they send out a new one by FedEx. Actually the last one only lasted 2 1/2 weeks. We have never had the water damage problem. (Thank Goodness!) One of the phones would turn off every time she pushed the camera button.
    My niece finally gave up after her 4th chocolate died, and my daughter's boyfriend finally got a new chocolate after his 5th one died. It is obviously not a fluke. These are bad phones!
    I paid full price last Christmas for her phone. Now she is saving money to upgrade to a different brand. What a ripoff!

• Je
      9th of Jan, 2008

There should be a class action against this phone.

My son has had a total of 5 replacement phones within a year and a few months. The problems have all been somewhat different. No sound, no screen or it won't turn on.

Verizon just charged him $50.00 to replace the phone again. His phone will last 3 months and then it time for another replacement.

I have always been happy with Verizon but they should step up to the plate and discontinue selling these phones. Several of my friends had he same phone with the same issues.

• Re
      25th of Jan, 2008

I totally agree!

I have to go to the vrizon store today when i get off work today to get what will be my FOURTH CHOCOLATE! i have the cherry choclate. The first one froze everytime i tried to leave the home screen. The second kept calling people randomly and connecting itself to the internet. I would have to fight with it to hang up! Everytime i hung up, it would dial. And then it locked itself [go figure!]. The one I have now is just a white screen. It does nothing...

This is the worst phone ever. The need to do a recall and discontinue it.

• Da
      31st of Jan, 2008

We purchased a mint chocolate for my daughter when they first came out. It has been nothing but a pain. She is now on her fifth replacement now and it doesn't charge! Virtually all of her problems have been with the charge port. The whole connector came out of her last one the first time she tried to charge it. What does Verizon say, "not a manufacturer defect, due to rough handling." I'd like to rough handle them!!

• Ke
      30th of Jun, 2008

Yes i totally agree im 14 and my brother has had atleast 6 chocolates {black} n i also had a black one an my charger port at first bent in then completely fell out n my brotheres phone his screen went completly white and wouldnt shut off without taking the battery out this has happened several times also i dont like it when you use ur camera or phone and the battery goes down very quickely even if its full charged i really hate this phone i like the phone company but not all of the phones they make.

• Da
      10th of Jul, 2008

my son bought a lg chocolate phone . After about eight months of very little use he puts it on the charger the battery gets so hot it melts the terminals off the battery leaks acid on my tile floor burns an acid hole in his jeans and when it is sent to lg for warranty they tell me its liquid damage. Well guess what lg thats the last thing we buy from you and I hope other people follow suit. LIFE IS GOOD for somebody but not for people who own an lg chocolate

• Rr
      28th of Jul, 2008

Verizon chocolate stinks! It's battery doesn't changed charged. I had a mega phone bill because it
    would go on the internet when I didn't. They reversed the charges because from DAY 1 I had all the
    internet crap blocked. The battery also gets very hot if talking for very long. They want
    to replace my NEW phone with a refurbished one. And they don't like to be argued with. The first
    questions I got, was did i put in in water and did i drop it, because now you can't hear clearly, just
    get static with every word.

• Am
      19th of Oct, 2008

me and my 16 yr old bro have choclated and they were our parents and about 2 weeks a go the hole charger port came out of his and lastnight mine came out (we dont have inshurence even tho i tld them 2 get it). my parents think it our fault and that we dont take care of them but the same thing happened to some of my bros friends and mine so i might not even get a new phone for like 2months

• Do
      28th of Dec, 2008

I wish it were true that Verizon would replace the Chocolate. I am on my 5th one. The Chocolate is too sensitive and will sometimes call someone while it's just in my pocket. Maybe that's a Verizon scam to get you to use up more minutes, I don't know. And often I receive a call from someone in my phonebook, and it asks if I want to add them to my phonebook! It then beeps incessantly until I click "No". It even does this when I call my voicemail. I have gone around and around with Verizon, where I have been a customer for many years, but they just say well we will send you another Chocolate. No Customer Service means no repeat business. I have two Verizon accounts and three Verizon phones, but when the contract runs out this time I will dump Verizon for their indifference to customers. We need a class action suit! Demand a recall!

• Sq
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I am on my 3rd LG chocolate in 18 mos. Like clockwork, every 6 mos they start turning themselves off, the screen goes black and I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work, and this is a new one ~ When I turn it on, I get a blue/gray static looking screen. Lovely! I am also a long time Verizon customer (not for long though.) I approached Verizon about replacing this one and told them I will not accept another Chocolate only to have it go on the fritz in 6 mos again. It turns out that they end the warranty 1 year from the ORIGINAL purchase date, so Chocolate # 3 is no longer under warranty and if I want to replace it, I have to pay them $50 . They could not pay me to take another POS phone!!! I talked to a manager on the cut svc line who told me the same and also offered and early upgrade (1.5 mos early) as long as I agree to take another 2 year contract and guess what phone they want to upgrade me to ... the NEW Chocolate ~ Are they crazy? stupid? or just don't care enough to keep their customers?? I am buying an iPhone and switching to AT&T. I will never go back to Verizon and I will discourage everyone I know from using their "service", if you can call it that. HOW do we start a class action suit???

• Wi
      4th of Feb, 2009

i had LV venus nice touch screen first phone was perfect except that key pad paint was cheaping off ...then got replacement phone screen kepts getting mirror then my text was just oposite way then got othere replacement simcard would not work then got my anotherone was fine till it shut down when i got text some calls specially with my mp3 so they send new one now i have it but guess what still ### up so called now have to drinve around because am really tire of waiting for phone and to top it off still jack up...
    they waist my time and sad part they still get bussiness...

• Su
      13th of Apr, 2009

My brother rarley used his choclate (mint). My dad gave to me when he got a new phone, and I get it, the sound doesn't work! We asked him why, but he always kept his phone on vibrate, so the I had to also! Then, after playing outside one day, I pulled it out of my pocket. It had never been in humid climates, gotten wet (in my use) or dropped drastically. But it had a white screen, forever, and 3 black lines, and for the next 3 days, each day one line would dissapear, and about a week later, 1 black line appeared and never left. So now I have a phone I can call with, but can see nothing! I HATE IT! So, now I cant get a replacment.

• Th
      24th of May, 2009

Well maybe you guys should stop getting the port off with the charger so damn much that makes it as loose as a hooker. WTF you all FAIL!!!

• Id
      10th of Sep, 2009

GRRRRR!!! I hate the Chocolate!!! My first one actually lasted about a year and a half and then I had to replace it because it wouldn't charge at first I could get it to charge it i pushed the charger firmly into the phone and just held it there for the entire charging session and then not even that would work. But the problems started way before that, like how some of you were saying that it would just start surfing the web randomly well mine would do that and it would do other things to like I mean it would go through my text messages and all that kind of stuff, one time it even sent my brother a txt message so I would always make sure that my phone was shut if I left it even for a moment that way it couldn't do anything because the keys were locked but then it would unlock the keys it's like this thing has a mind of its own!!! But then there were so many other problems with it, that i couldn't even begin to tell you! And no sooner did I replace it, now I need a new one!