Verizon Wireless / ringtones

409 Trinity PlaceColumbia, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 573-443-3591
I have a huge complaint with Verizon Wireless. I downloaded a program to my computer to make ringtones from my own music collection, and it worked until just this week. I can make the ringtone and send it but now Verizon is blocking this! I am irate!!! This is my own personal freedom and right to get ringtones from anyone. This is America and not Russia. Verizon, are you hearing me???? I may not renew my contract next year. I am being censored and stuped into paying $2.99 for a ringtone that I could make from own music collection. I thought it was my software or something, because I had never had a problem until now. Take a look at this excerpt I got from the software company Make your own Ringtones: Thank you for your email.

Yes, there is a problem with Verizon. We are sorry that we replied
after 1 day and a few hours, but we needed to check it with Verizon before
sending the email to you, we did receive all your 3 emails.

The problem is that Verizon has put a blockage on it's line, they are
trying to encourage you to buy expensive ringtones only from their
sites, and to discourage you form buying cheaper ringtones from thrid
parties like us, by putting these barriers.

What a hoot!!! This is rediculous! I feel as an American this is where our rights as customers is being taken away. I mean I already own the rights to this music in my collection and have purchased the software to do this. I am on a fixed income and I cannot afford their ringtones. The service fees are exspensive enough. Does anyone feel the same way I do??

Comments

An
  5th of Jun, 2008
I certainly am not disagreeing with your opinion on the ringtone situation but what I am disagreeing with is your faith in "make your own ringtones". I have dealt with this company and it took me months to get it straightened out with my service and then it was a technician at Verizon Wireless that actually found the problem. The software was loaded with something similar to spyware. I was very skeptical and thought the same thing you did that they just wanted me to use their music downloads but I got a download cable for my phone and have been able to download music from my computer with no problems.

Just another perspective...