Verizon Wireless / lying about termination fees
We contacted Verizon Wireless on 7/11/08 to ask about our contract with them (up on 7/22/08) and to inquire on any termination fees associated with switching our account over to AT&T for the I Phones we were purchasing. We were told by the CSR that there would be no termination fees since the last bill had gone out and out account was nearing the end of our term anyway. I specifically asked the CSR to repeat that several times to make sure I heard it correctly and she repeated it 3 times that there would be no termination fees.
She lied. Period. Boldfaced lies. We received a billing notice through our bank saying we owed 438.17, which is the last month's bill amount plus termination fees. This is absolutely ridiculous that companies like Verizon are allowed to lie to customers and then screw them over in their billing.
We were also told by the Verizon CSR that even though our contract ended on 7/22/08 (11 days from the date we called) our phone numbers couldn't be released until 8/4/2008, at the end of the billing cycle. I asked about the telephone number portability act and challenged that statement saying that we were told by other carriers numbers could be ported over at any time, not just at the end of the billing cycle. We told the CSR that we would prefer to keep our numbers but new numbers would be obtained if they were going to charge termination fees. 3 frigging times the woman said there were no termination fees to be assessed and yet we are hit with over $300 in termination fees.
Unbelievable. A class action should really be filed against verizon for this kind of crap. Anyone know the regulatory agencies I can contact to file a formal complaint?
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.