Verizon Wireless / awful service

I tried to switch for COX high speed 3.0 to Verizon DSL at a much slower rate but for a lot less money. I was going to give them a 30 day trial to compare and see if it was worth saving the money. The day my order arrived I noticed Verizon sent the wrong router. I attempted to call customer service using the phone number that was on the invoice. After talking to 5 different people at Verizon (none of them with people skills) I was told it was a common error and they would send out the new one and I should receive it in about 10 days or so. I asked if there was a faster way to ship it and she stated No! I then asked if there was any compensation for the error on Verizon part and for having to wait again, she stated there was no way to credit me or compensate me. I told her to just cancel my order all together as I did not want to even try this service if the customer service was this bad. I tried to call Verizon back to see if there was anyone else that could give me better service but I was transferred to another line and was on hold for 45 minutes and then hung up. After reading all of these other complaints, I am glad I stayed with COX High-speed for the extra cost. When I call COX they answer the phone immediately and answer all my questions in a curious & professional manner. COX high speed has been very reliable although it is quite pricy if you do not have cable with them.

Comments

• Al
      28th of Jul, 2009

I signes up for their service in November and the very first bill was triple what they said it would be. I called them and they would not offer any help to me. I payed the bill because i had no choice but the next bills to follow were the same and i called them, again no help. I received a shut off notice and called on a thursday to make arrangements to make a payent on that very next day Friday when my paycheck cleared i thought everything was ok, But not so later that very same day they shut off my service!!! I called them several times to try to make arrangements with them but they would not help me!!! I did not pay them any money and they added a whole bunch of disconnect charge and but the bill in collections.

• Ve
      17th of Oct, 2009

I am among the thousands of unhappy Verizon Wireless customers. Recieved a Blackberry Storm by mail. Activated by an in store representative, only to later find out that I was being billed for a Data Plan subscription that I was not informed of beforehand, and that I did not accept. Attempted to return the phone numerous times, and have dealt with Customer Care a half a dozen times. Its been 8 months.

Finally I discovered how to reach the Executive Relations team at Verizon Wireless. They are the only ones who can help resolve your problem, short of having an attorney contact them. BTW, I subscribe to Pre-Paid Legal for $35 a month, and their attorneys at no additional charge, will contact Verizon Wireless. Find me on twitter.com/verizoncustomer .

Share your experiences online and then email me at verizon.sucks@yahoo.com . I will forward you important contact information to reach the real decision makers at Verizon Wireless, the Executive Relations team.

• Rh
      19th of Dec, 2009

Verizon Wireless in only concerned with thier bottom line. Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.