Verizon / unethical practice

Lakeland, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (863) 944-7009
Verizon have been laying cable for months in my neighborhood. Shortly after they laid the cable I had a service rep at my door wanting to 'explain' the service. I listened for an hour but still had no clear idea about how much it would cost. I said I'd think about it. She asked me to sign a 'satetement that she'd talked with me'. I questioned a part of the 'statement' saying I'd be purchasing the service. She assured me it wasn't a contract, that I'd have a couple of weeks to think about it and someone would call me then. I have three witnesses to her her 'assurance'. The next day I had a message from Verizon on my phone, asking me about my service transfer. I ignored it. The next day I had a call, asking again about my service transfer. When I said I didn't have a contract with Verizon, I was told I did. It took over an hour of expensive cell phone time to finally get rid of Verizon leeches. I did finally find out what the cost would be; $20 more per month than I was currently paying and no guarantee they wouldn't raise the cost of the service in six months. I'm relieved I got away from Verizon. My elderly mother was not so lucky. Brighthouse asterik hunter, where were you when she needed you? She was 'visited' by Verizon and three days later she has DRV boxes all over the house, charges she never agreed to, a broken television and no idea of how to work the system. That's an issue my sisters and I will be taking up. I feel like I got off lightly. My poor mom didn't. Verizon should be shut down!!
De

Comments

Ke
  4th of May, 2009
I agree the same thing happened in my parents neighborhood. The fios lines. Luckily they werent home at the time and the information was left on their door.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications