Verizon Fios TV / terrible service!

1 205 Wadsworth Drive, Glenshaw, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 412.487.8698

I am a subscriber to Verizon FIOS service for internet, LAN phone, cell phone and TV. Just recently, we had Fios TV installed and everything seemed to be working well. Last evening (January 10, 2017), in the middle of a program the picture paused and stayed that way for about 1/2 hour. I then turned the TV off and on. At that point, we didn't have a picture or sound on the cable stations. I tired to remedy the situation with a recorded message person but to no avail.

I then called Verizon and was told that I would have a 5 minute wait to speak with a FIOS representative. Well, 1-1/2 hours later, I was still on hold and finally gave up at 11:00 p.m. This morning, I called Verizon and spoke with a representative who assured me that he had reset the cable service. I spoke with a family member who informed me that service had not been restored. My guess is that I will have to call Verizon this evening and start all over again. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated. I can be reached at [protected] during weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Kathleen J. Ritz.

Comments

• M
      16th of Jan, 2008

On the Verizon FIOS TV, their guide/info graphics are terrible and unreadable unless you are VERY close to the TV. Also Verizon FIOS TV has NO WAY to contact with feedback. Only automated email with 70 characters of your complaint or suggestion and they only answer it via automated email. What a terrible company. They don't care about consumer feedback and take months to get the billing correct and understandable.

23rd of Jan, 2008

Had a very similar experience with Verizon. First the HD channels failed--then all channels--all we could recive was a blank screen with the message 'Currently Unavailable' displayed. Called custumer service and went through the automated routine which did nothing to correct the problem. After 3 hours-finally got through to live person--who told us it was an 'Area outage' and a service technician would call--after 2 days no one called. Called customer service again and received an automated message that our 'repair could been completed and service restored'--But, the problem was not fixed, so we again tried to get a real person---only waiting an 1 1/2 hours we finally got someone. Were promptly put on hold and cut-off--no call-back. Called again--this time to cancel--only had to wait 49 minutes.

WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED....VERIZON MAKES THE DMV LOOK LIKD A MAITRE'DE AT A FIVE-STAR RESTURANT.

• Ca
      2nd of Feb, 2008
    Verizon Fios TV - poor service!
    Verizon
    Radnor
    Pennsylvania

Automated hell with disconnects, long waits, transfers to inappropriate representatives when you finally get a live person. An automated voice says "I'm sorry, your service has been disconnected" when we've been Verizon customers for 25 years! I've asked 3 people to change this with no results, as it causes the automated system to go around and around. Verizon needs to be much more explicit in describing its FIOS TV services. In ordering, I made it clear we have a 13 year old TV and a DVD/VCR player. I was told "no problem" in switching to FIOS. But the DVR version of the "set top box" will only work as follows: Turn on the VCR, put a tape in, play, then stop it. Then the TV will come on. The good news is the DVD portion will also work. When I complained the tech who figured this out (Clayton in Dallas, thank you) said I should just buy an updated TV!

There was also no information on the 3 second delay so that if you have two TV's on at the same time (living room and kitchen) it sounds like an echo and drives one crazy! Another tech said there was no fix as it is caused by the recording capacity. OK, but why wasn't I told of this? Verizon is starting to make Comcast look good!

6th of Mar, 2008

First off, Verizon is one of the biggest ### companies around. After canceling ALL Verizon products, in the same day I receive a bill showing that Verizon owes me 32.14 and I also receive a collection notice saying that I owe Verizon 36.42 and a letter from Verizon begging me to come back. So ofcourse, I have to pay the collection company or they will report to credit bureaus. But its been 5 months and Verizon still hasn't refunded my credit balance. I have already called 4 times and every time I wait on hold for 30-40 minutes and get hung up on repeatedly.

Now Verizon Fios, the service isn't that great. They offer all these features but make you pay for every single little thing and on top of that they make you sign a contract. They missed the initial appointment to install at my brothers house 3 times and the last tim ethey tried to blame me. Again, on hold and was hung up on literally 15 times and it took about 3 hours on the phone to finally get an appointment. So they finally install everything and its not any better than the Cable company. A month later the Wireless router they gave went out, and it took them almost 6 weeks and 3 calls to get a new one out.

So in my house, when my DSL contract was up, I canceled everything and switched to cable companies Triple play. I was literally on hold for less than 3 minutes, was able to get an appointment the next week, they came out on time, connected everything and tested everything. Havent had a problem since. Practically no waiting times, knowledgable customer service, and I wasnt hung up on once. I'll never go back to Verizon even if they paid me.

15th of Apr, 2008

I am tired of Verizon HD FIOS TV running commercials over the top of news stories on CNN!

• Ro
      28th of Apr, 2008

FiOS is horrible, comcast is so much more user friendly. I am apouled by the customer service too is bad the
    reps have no patients and are not nice. Go Comcast!!!

• Su
      9th of May, 2008
    Verizon Fios TV - service
    VERIZON
    New Jersey

Vreizon erroneously disconnected my hbo service on 5/3. here I am at 9pm on 5/9 and still no service desoite repeated phone calls and hours - and I do mean hours - calling, being transferred, disconnected, promised service... the last techie told me to resubscribe via my tv even though my account shows that I do have a subscription meaning I would get charged twice!! don'y worry he says - billing will take care of it... why would I accept that? if verizon can't correct this why on earth would I expect them to correct my bill!!! frustration is an understatement!! and of course there is no way to lodge a complaint. I really like the product but it looks like verizon doesn't want me as a customer.

• Mi
      28th of May, 2008

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! When I originally signed up, we had no phone service for a week. We were supposed to get a credit for that, but I gave up trying after dealing with the incompetent billing department. Now the TV signal drops frequently when going from the DVR back to Live TV. If I wait an hour or so on hold for a Tech Rep, they can refresh it, but it was finally decided that we should just replace the box. Although scheduled for service today between the convenient hours of 8 am - noon, no one showed up. I've been going from service rep to service rep for over an hour and a half on the phone and no one can tell me if anyone is coming today or not. I'm in the process of unhooking the box now and plan to leave it in the front yard for them if/when they ever show up. I have been a great Verizon customer for years and I plan to cancel everything (home phone, cell phone, TV, and Internet). I'll use any company but Verizon in the future. Oh yeah, I never got my "free" TV either which they so blatantly promote. They've been "researching" its whereabouts for the last 6 months. Bye, Bye Verizon - Good riddance!!!

• Me
      5th of Jun, 2008

Verizon is the worst, most terrible company to ever deal with! Unfortunately, no one else offers the fiber optic internet in our area! I hate them, no, loathe their existence! The experience I have had would take far too long to explain, but to summarize: Terrible customer service and terrible automated system! No way to contact any one with proper training about any thing! No email address or direct numbers to reach informed, or possibly even intelligent representatives! Deceptive sales tactics! We had 6 people come to our door selling FIOS, and not one of them knew someone had already been in our neighborhood! Over billing! The list goes on! If you are lucky enough to read this and have the choice to go with someone else--DO NOT USE VERIZON EVER!

• Ca
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Trying to get some kind of help with various problems with both tv's . I am unable to work vcr and mute button does on work on tv downstaris and I have to turn my tv on with the stb and not the remote. I talked to someone but to no avail. I feel if it was set up correctly I would not be having such problems. I would like to have someone come out rather than me spending time on the phone and getting nowhere. I would appreciate some kind of assitance with this. I would have rather stayed wiht comcast than go thru this

• Ra
      17th of Feb, 2010
    Verizon Fios TV - their "new" plans
    Verizon

Beware. Verizon has new "HD" plans and although I just activated a new HD-DVR with them, we immediately lost several HD channels. 2 hours on the phone and one tech visit to the house later and it turns out they've modified their plans and although we 'should' and will soon get these channels back under our current plan, they have no short term solution to deliver the channels.

Long story short. AVOID changing anything with your current Verizon plan if it's working properly or suffer the consequences.

We were told not to feel alone with this problem. Verizon simply initiated their new 3 tier HD plan too early.

Hope this helps someone.

Feb, 17th, 2017 - Los Angeles

• Dr
      7th of Mar, 2011
    Verizon Fios TV - scam
    Verizon Fios TV

There are some things that when they happen, you literally say WT[censored]

I got an email notice thanking me for ordering NBA league pass for $160 payable in 4 monthly installments. First WTF since I didn't order it

When I called and waited for 1 hour they tried and ALOT of trouble (30 min) cancelling the order.

Second WTF

Then they said I would get a credit but it would take up to 60 DAYS!
    Third WTF

The next month, I see another charge for $40 for NBA league pass, along with my previous month's credit. Wait, that was suppose to be cancelled. Fourth WTF

After being on hold for 57 minutes, and 15 min to get my second credit, they tell me that I'll still have to call the next 2 months to get my other credits because they can't remove it from my billing. I can't get a direct number to someone to avoid the queue and I can't just send an email I have to actually SPEAK to someone.
    Fifth WTF as well as the biggest WTF!

If the internet service wasn't so [censored]in fast, I would have dumped them years ago

Too bad they're so big that my rant isn't even a blip on the ### of a blip to them.