Verizon DSL / cancellation of services!

1 3844 Ogilvie CtWoodbridge, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-670-3373

I switched my phone and Internet services from Verizon to Comcast because Comcast offered three services (including cable) at one low price. I have been trying to disconnect my DSL service from Verizon for over a week now. Everytime I called last week, I got a message saying that 'all agents are currently busy, please hang up and call back later'. I finally got thru todayat 10: 29 AM. After going thru their menu and telling them that I wanted to cancel my services, they told me that the next available agent will speak to me and put me on hold with some music playing. It is now 12:23 AM (almost 2 hours later) and I am still on hold listening to that monotonous music.

Comments

• Cl
      15th of Feb, 2008

I disconnected from Verizon DSL for the same reason in January. I'm also located near Woodbridge Virginia. I've been trying for over a month to get them to disconnect. Multiple emails, phone calls and a letter have all failed. The disconnect number is ALWAYS jammed.
    Verizon DSL customer service is a disaster.

• Mi
      21st of May, 2008

I too am having trouble with Verizon DSL in that I get a red "Internet" light everyday. This means I have to call into Verizon EVERYDAY and get a temp password to make this damn modem work. And when I say EVERYDAY, I mean everyday now since April 27, 2008. I have been told several times that a network specialist is working on the problem. Just today I got a ticket number for this extremely frustrating problem. I had one associate say that "it has been fixed, you will no longer have this problem", well I DID 2 DAYS later!!! [censored] You Verizon!!! I'll either switch carriers here in another couple of days, or I'm going to put my fist into the monitor and my foot into the PC tower----much rather it be with Verizon though.

• Gu
      20th of Oct, 2009

I cancelled Verizon services the very next day. Still got charged. For four months now, I had credits to my account except for a charge of 62.69 that was sent to a collection agency for I don't know what. I have spent hours and hours trying to resolve this situation with no luck. My last phone call lasted 97m 46s until I couldn't take it any longer and hung up. I spoke to countless reps. and supervisors like Ms. Kinebrew who had me talking in circles. I never had services with Verizon. I cancelled the next day or the day after. Regardless, they are charging me for cancellling a service that they say the connected outside. I have not one single phone jack in my apartment. Not one!!! I have the Optimum Triple Play! Could someone, anyone, please tell me why I'm being charged a cancellation fee for a service I never had or used and is now in a collection agency ruining my credit! What part of I never used your service do they not understand?! If anyone know how I can sue this company or what's to join in 'something or anything, ' please for the love of god please contact me at GPALEN76@HOTMAIL.COM. Something needs to be done!

• Do
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I went through the Verizon nonsense when they jacked up the bill and we found Comcast offered the same package for much less. This was 2 years ago. The phone and TV service canceled just fine but the DSL continued to be available over my Comcast line(same number). I went to the local Verizon office and told them to stop billing DSL. Every month for 5 or 6 months I went to the same office. Several times they assured me that it was terminated and the bills would stop. Once someone at the counter told me that I had to cancel with their Internet provider, but she did not know where to contact them. I tried the 800 number but obviously found only mouth-breathers since they were no help at all. Finally I ignored the continuing bills because I could not find anyone who knew what the problem was. Six months later the bills stopped coming so I assumed that they had finally figured it out.

Last week I received a letter from 'Enhanced Recovery Corporation' demanding $222.60. I called them and received a poor response from 'Michael', not the archangel. So they have a letter demanding cessation of this collection. This corporation is so incompetent. They are advertising a new help number 1-800-VERIZON whose operation was devised by Rube Goldberg. You will still not get through to a coherent individual.