Verizon Cell Phone Service / very bad customer service

Verizon cell phone service - Surprise AZ

Bought phone in IL, worked fine, came to AZ for the 4 winter months. Surprise growing area, now 100,000 people. bad service, Jan. and Feb. very cold here this year, had to sit outside to talk, even then lost calls, fading in and out, etc. gave me 2nd phone, no better.

Went to store half hour away few times. All they say is a new tower will help and should be up by end of summer.

My old Spring phone worked fine here, why shouldn't Verizon work here?

Customer service on phone ridiculous, told me to sit on North wall in house to talk. Another one said cell phones are not for in home use!

Finally, one person seemed very interested. Said they would check it out and call me in 12 hours. That was on a monday, by thursday, no call.

I went to store and got very mad! They said they would give me $20 off for 2 months. Had no explanation why no one called.

I tried to e-mail on their web site, kept saying i put in wrong account number (it was the correct number) then i called and got some department above the customer service department. A michael carl said to e-mail him and he would forward it to the proper party.

I did that, and of course, no answer from the "proper party"

What a terrible company. When i see those tv commercials i feel like throwing something at the tv

I am on 3rd phone, and service ok outside but not good inside the house! The weather nice now, but i am tired of talking on patio where neighbor can hear me. Used to like to sit in bedrdoom and chat with friends.

Bad service on local calls, long distance, verizon to verizon, etc.

Would never recommend this company

Ri

Comments

• Li
      31st of Mar, 2008

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH CELL C EVERY WEEKEND IS A PROBLEM AND SOMETIMES DURING THE WEEK AS WELL. IF I WANT TO MAKE A CALL THE SIGNAL IS SO BAD THAT I CAN NOT MAKE ANY CALLS NOT EVEN A SMS CAN BE SENT.

I UPGRADED LAST MONTH BUT I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT IF I CAN KEEP MY SAME NUMBER I AM USING NOW.

• Li
      3rd of Apr, 2008

STILL NO ANSWER FROM CELL C I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS KIND OF SERVICE I AM THINKING OF CANCELLING THIS CONTRACT.

• Ps
      13th of Sep, 2008
    Verizon Cell Phone Service - Free Mins Offer scam
    Verizon Wireless
    Fremont
    California

I am a current customer and had called in to check about phone offerings. In the process the person asked if I wanted to have 500 mins are no charge. I have 700 min plan but dont even come close to using it but accepted the offer thinking it did not matter. I received a billing statement will confimed the 500 min offer but also having a note that there is a cancellation fee of $175 for early termination. There is a chance I will terminate early in Dec but would not have accepted the offer on the phone had I know about this. This is a "bait and switch" offer by Verizon. I have been happy for many years but if Verizon does this, then it is time to really move away. Calling customer service did not help today. They have no proof of stating about the termination fee anywhere and will be complianing about this everywhere I can ..