Verizon / verizon dsl - something unbelievible!

It is with great disgust I write this letter to you, hoping that having reached the end of my rope, your article may force verizon to correct their mistakes and rectify my problem. My husband and I signed up for verizon dsl service in november or december of 2005- a service that we really wanted. We agreed to a 1-year contract, and paid whatever fees were required, including the cost of mailing the modem and other tid bits that were necessary for dsl connection. It is now july 2006, and to this date we do not have nor have we ever had the dsl service, yet verizon has been billing us every month for this service!

Both my husband and I have been on the phone, all but on our hands and knees requesting help in the matter. The last call I made to them was a real teaser, I was so sure that the problem was going to be sorted out then... But as usual, I was lied to.

You will not begin to understand my frustration, perhaps you can afford me the time to explain. We were told, when we first signed up for dsl, that we would get it... May take a couple weeks but we would. Then they called back to say that the area we were in was 'booked' and that as soon as something became available, we would get on board... Mind you, that was in 2005, and we continued to pay the bill for dsl!!! Then they called after about a month to say that we were on board, and that we could start 'enjoying' the service, etc. But the truth of the matter is that we were never connected, the modem's light keeps blinking and that is descriptive of something blocking the reception, or so I was told.
I spoke to so many people, I am dizzy from the run-around, and 'being on hold' etc etc... Finally this year, I spoke to michael who reassured me that he would look into the matter, and would send out someone to troubleshoot the problem etc... That I should call back and confirm the appointment. Lo and behold, when I called back to 'confirm' the appointment, there was no appointment made for anyone to come to my apartment, nor did anyone know what I was talking about. Then I was told that I could make an appointment but that I needed to give them a 4hr window??? Whatever happened to keeping the customer happy? I work until 5pm or later every weekday, my husband, until 7pm... I was able to bargain with my boss for an early leave for one day, to be home at 4pm, just so they could come and fix the problem... But that was not good enough. You see, I had to understand that they needed a 4 hour window, and therefore I had to be available from 1pm since their last appointment would be at 4pm!!! Confusing? Imagine how I felt.

Then I tried to tell them I wanted re-imbursement for the months and months that I have been paying for dsl, well... That was another issue... They could only re-imburse me for 2 or 3 mths back, which I gladly accepted, but get this (The best part)... They would also throw in one month (July 2006) free dsl... Wow!!! What a deal!!! If only I had dsl, I could really see myself going for that!

I have called all the numbers they told me to call... Spoken with lauren and barbara, to jeff and linda, nancy and annie, and don't forget angela... They were all helping me, and where have I gotten? No-where! The last call I made to them on june 30th, I spent 42 minutes on the phone, explaining what I have been through... I am so sick of it, it is no longer funny. When I asked about canceling this 'imaginary' service, I was told that I would have to pay a fee!!! Is that the icing on the cake? So that means that I have been paying for absolutely nothing but stress in my life for all these months. Where is the justice in this? Every you call to complain about it, you have to go over the entire thing and then some sweet voice over the phone says nonsense like "I understand" and "I will look into this and get back to you"- which they never do, I am the one calling all the time!!!

The last bill I had to pay was small, since they gave me credit for the couple of months they said they were only allowed to give... But this is just unacceptable. How can a company be allowed, in this day and age, to cheat innocent people like myself is beyond me... Who do I turn to in a situation like this??? I cannot believe that they can even get away with this in a society such as ours... It is all at my expense... I have gotten no results form the constant pleas I have been making and I think this is downright wrong. Please, if you do not believe me, call verizon, I would love to hear their view of the whole thing... They are just unbelievable.

I want this problem addressed... I want all of my money back too, for the inconveniences and trouble I have been through for over 6 mths now, I deserve better. Trust me when I say that this has been a very stressful task for me, and I would appreciate it if you could facilitate my complaint, as I can assure you that this has been a genuine problem for me and my husband.
Lisa

Li

Comments

• Va
      12th of Dec, 2006

I am so unhappy with this company that I can't stand it.......I went to call for service from Verizon in 2006....When they told me I owed them money from 2002.....Which I had their service in the mean time so I don't get how I owe it and trying to prove it takes money......Also my husband called to get service when they used his Social Security Number to someone else's bill ....He never had a phone in his name......Now they want him to send all his personnel info.....to correct it.............WHAT........

What is wrong with them.........
    Thanks for listening.........

• Yu
      4th of Jan, 2007

I just want to add that same happened to me. But I found on the Internet Verizon hidden phone numbers that you can call and get resolutions better and faster. Here is the link http://deccod.com/verizon.aspx

• Va
      12th of Feb, 2007

I have had Verizon DSL since September 2006, it was promoted through AOL. Having used a dialup for years but a DSL connection at work, I finally took the plunge.

I have never been more dissatisfied with any product in my life.

I have struggled with hit-or-miss connectivity since the service date arrived. There have been times of no-problem-service, and times of no service. I have done online tech chats and on the phone tech chats--all with people in India-- which have had me run the gamut from repeated IP release/renews, IP configuration and bridge checks, and at least 10 "we need to run a line check, please hold on"s. None of them run the same diagnostic twice.

One tech informed me that the problem, as he determined, was with the network, and that I would be called by Verizon.

Over the last several months, computer-savvy people I meet in my business life shake their heads when they hear that I am running a Westell 327-W VersaLink modem, and insist that I should have Verizon send me a new one.

Problem is reaching customer service during business hours. When I took an hour out of a workday to call (and wait on hold) I told an apparently American-based customer service person about my ongoing problems and my request for a new modem, she routed me BACK TO INDIA for more line tests.

People tell me that I should be calling them, all angry and shouting and insistent...but you don't have a chance to do any of that because they put you on hold and transfer you without telling you that they are doing so!

I paid a computer tech $100 to come out and look at my computer, he fixed a few of the problems brought on by the various and sundry tech supports. It just so happened that while he was here, the internet light on my modem went green the first time in weeks.

I don't recommend this product to anyone. I am paying for the full service and able to use it possibly 1/5 of the time. Dialup is much more reliable. Verizon does not care that I am not able to use their product, they only care that they are paid each month.

I will be moving my service to another provider, possibly cable. I'm sure it will be an ordeal to do so.

• De
      8th of Dec, 2007

This is the worst site ever!

20th of Dec, 2007

Wait what? The 327w is one of the top two modem/routers that you can get from verizon dsl, the other one is the Actiontec. The 327w is great unless you want to connect to a Cisco VPN (if that is the case you're gonna need an Actiontec), but few people have a need to do that. The preferred setup imo would be a dumb modem plugged into a linksys wireless router, but there really isn't anything wrong with a 327w. At least it's not a westell wirespeed.

They should be shaking their heads because you have Verizon DSL, not because you have a 327w.

• Ve
      1st of Jun, 2009

Verizon is the worst company I have ever encountered . . . EVER! They are so full of it that it is unbelievable.

I do not think it would be going too far astray to draw an analogy of Verizon and its practices, its treatment of people, and its disregard of the truth to a fascist country. What Verizon does is absolutely phenomenally wrong. It is unsurprising that MCI and Verizon have merged. MCI used to do similar kinds of things to consumers with long distance packages known as "slamming".