value plus/ provell inc / unauthorized charges to my bank

1 p.o. box 5265Hopkins, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-833-7279

this matter is unknown to me as to how i qualified to become a member or when or where i applied for an application to become a memeber and give consent to have funds withdrawn from my account in the amount $16.95 monthly. i noticed it on my statement right after i purchased the portabook for my computer
which took some time to even show up on my account more that thirty days.as of the present i am now in for two payments. there should be some law for such fraudulent practices. i say once again that i under no circumstance do i willing know of allowing these charges.please advise me as to what steps to take to recover my funds.
michael harrell

Comments

24th of Jul, 2008

i work for provell and i can assure you whether you were aware of the membership or not it's legal. i don't place the orders so don't yell at me, by the way. I'm one of the people who cancel those memberships and credit refunds back so if anything i'm working against those marketing practices. basically, if you order something over the internet, or the phone (with a telemarketer) or through direct mail, there's always the fine print, which states that you will be signed up for these memberships on a trial based period (14-30 days) and when it expires you will be charged monthly. DO NOT BUY FROM A TELEMARKETER OR OVER THE INTERNET UNLESS THROUGH PAYPAL OR EBAY. the disclosures and fine print are what you need to review before accepting ANYTHING. also, it is NOT only provell who uses this, even something as simple as downloading ringtones to your phone will do something similar. I went to do that myself a few nights ago, but stopped myself and made sure i read the fine print first before doing so, and sure enough the fine print said a one year subscription monthly membership would be given to me at a fee. POINT: MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE READING WHEN MAKING A PURCHASE UNLESS VIA A STORE IN PERSON. it's not provell who sells this to you, it's the vendor for the item you purchased who signs you up in conjunction.