Vacation Hub International (VHI) / scam and rip-off

Somerset West Cape Town SA, South Africa Review updated:

My wife & I were invited to attend a vacation presentation at The Lakes Hotel and Conference Centre in Benoni on 27/09/2016. After the presentation, which sounded very positive and appealing, we where introduced to the very friendly "salesperson" who went throught the whole financial side of the package. We have been members of Flexi Club for over 15 years and the salesman convinced us that they can use our Bonus Breaks and we would in turn receive R10 000.00 per bonus break with a maximum of eight bonus breaks per year and that money would pay for our membership in full and we wouldn't have to pay anything any further. The salesperson, Errol va der Westhuizen also informed us that this was a "one time offer" for that night and if we wished to cancel, legally we can do so within 5 working days but VHI will extend it to 14 working days. He worked out our "Activation Fee" to R8750.00 and a once off "Documnet Fee" of R399.00 with the total deposit coming to R9149.00 which was eventually paid by debit card, with the feeling that we could cancel in due course if we wanted to. We were assured by Errol that if, for any reason, we do decide to cancel, we will be refunded the "Activation Fee" of R8750.00 but not the "Documentation Fee", which sounded fair. The following day, my wife and I spoke about our new "investment" and came to the conclusion that we actually would not be able to afford it after assessing our finances. On 30/09/2016, just 3 days after we signed up, I drafted a cancellation letter and e-mailed it to Ronel van Graan at VHI, addressing to Ronel and Errol. I also stated in the letter that I would be sending the same letter via Registered Post, which I did on the same day at Lakeside Mall Post Office in Benoni. The following Monday, 03/10/2016, I sent the receipt/tracking number of the registered letter to Ronel. Since then, I have been in constant communication via telephone and e-mail with VHI and have records of all communication. On 27/10/2016, I eventually received an e-mail from Sandra Taljaard with an attached letter signed by Elsabe Labaschagne stating that "I do not qualify for a withdrawal and if I still wish to pursue my cancellation, I will have to pay a cancellation fee, will not get a refund and will have to pay 50% of the oustanding balance of the service fees payable for the duaration of the fix term period".

This is a total rip-Off from VHI. I have replied to them stating all of the above and request that I be refunded my "Document Fee" of R8750.00 as promised by Errol.

All I want is my membership cancellation and a refund of the "Document Fee" of R8750.00.
My membership number at VHI is 401721.

Please can someone assist urgently.
My name is Dayalan Kolapen and I can be reached on:
E-mail: [protected]@hydrasale.co.za
Cell: [protected] (South Africa)

Many Thanks.

Da
Oct 28, 2016

Comments

•   Sep 07, 2018

Why can all the people say the same thing but VHI don't look into it.???????