Usenet.nl / unethical behaviour

United States Review updated:

I joined usenet for a free trail of 14 days on 22nd Jan 2017. They charged a dollar for the free trail which I declined. When I used it couple of times my computer was hacked by virus and I had to reach Norton to clear it. I was not very happy with the services and wanted to cancel the account. I did so before the end of the trail period. I completed the online form and the end they asked me to call a Europe number. Which I didn't as it was something I have never heard a company would do. In the mean time the company locked the account on Feb 6th saying I didn't pay. After a month I got a mail to pay 12EUR for the month service. Which I ignored as they locked my account. Then I received a physical mail asking to pay the due. I reached the customer service and explained the situation. They transferred the case to a collection agent and they keep sending emails and physical mails. They are now demanding me to pay 55EUR. I wanted to end this drama and agreed to pay 12EUR. They wouldn't agree to that and also now telling me that the account is not cancelled and there are recurring charges, which I have to deal separately with Usenet. This is adding a lot of pressure on me personally and going on for month.

Si