USAA / terrible company
Last year my vehicle was slightly damaged while parked unattended in a parking lot. I reported it to USAA and let them know I would not be filing a claim since it could be fixed inexpensively on my own. Later I found that USAA had reported in the CLUE and ISO databases that I filed a claim for being involved in an accident.
When contacting USAA for assistance, I received some abrupt treatment from several claims representatives, then ended up talking to two managers - one who failed to return a phone call as promised and another who was quite arrogant in his downright refusal to correct the inaccuracies. To date, USAA has been perfectly happy to leave this false information about my claims history in both public databases, and I am missing out on a safe driver discount at my current insurer as a result.
This was the final straw after several years of putting up with clueless representatives and gradually-rising premiums with no reason or explanation.
I have since closed ALL of my insurance, banking, and investment accounts with USAA and the rest of my extended family is in the process of doing the same. Don't trust this dishonest company.
More USAA Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - service
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - banking
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - car insurance
- USAA - eligibility
- USAA Auto Insurance - refuses to pay