USAA Insurance / fraud and cheating

Whilst serving our country in Iraq my son a US Marine found the car of his dreams online. He purchased the car and we took it to him upon his return to Camp Lejuene in Jacksonville, NC. Whilst driving it in Jacksonville he was sideswipped by another person and extensive damage was done to the car. The other party was found at fault by the police and ticketed for the accident. USAA was the insurance company for both parties.

The car was independently valued and declared as a total loss. USAA wants to settle the claim for $5000 less than the car was valued at. They refuse to negotiate. We have contacted lawyers and they basically are not interested in the case as they say it will cost more than the $5000 to collect it from USAA. They advised me USAA knows this and thats why they routinely do this to people.

I find this despicable for a company which claims it was formed by a retired general to assist service men and women with their insurance and banking needs.

Va

Comments

• Ve
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I WAS RECENTLY INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT WITH AN USAA CLIENT, I WAS REAR ENDED WHILE STOPPED IN TRAFFIC BY A 17 YEAR OLD.THEY HAVE USAA FOR THEIR INSURANCE.NOW THIS IS WHAT GETS ME I HAD 3 ESTIMATES DONE ON MY TRUCK.ALL OF THEM CAME UP TO OVER 1200 DOLLARS, THEY SENT THEIR APPRAISER OUT TO LOOK AT MY TRUCK, HE TOLD ME THAT THE DAMAGE WAS ONLY WORTH 1055 WHICH WOULD NOT COVER ALL THE DAMAGE TO MY TRUCK, BECAISE NOW MY TAILGATE WILL NOT STAY UP @ALL AND IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY FINE UNTIL I WAS REAR ENDE, HE SAID IT WASNT RELATED TO THE ACCIDENT, WHICH I KNOW MY TRUCK WAS PERFECTLY FINE AND ON HIS STATEMENT HE WROTE THAT I CLAIMED IT WAS FROM THE ACCIDENT AND IT WAS FROM NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, SO HOW BASICALLY I WAS CALLED A LIE FROM HIS SO CALLED EXPERT OPINION, WHEN I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IIT WAS DAMAGED FROM THE ACCIDENT, AND I HAVE THREE ESTIMATES AND PEOPLE THAT BE WITH ME AND AROUND ME WHO KNOWS THAT MY TRUCK WAS JUST FINE. USSA IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY @ ALL THEY ARE SO FULL OF IT AND GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND ON EVERYTHING, SO IF YOU CANT GET WHAT YOU NEED FROM THE COMPANY, YOU HAVE TO GO AFTER THE PERSON THAT HIT YOU.

• Up
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I have to admit that I could go and on about how I totally agree that USAA is about the WORST Insurance Company that I have had to deal with in years. I was rear ended while waiting to turn left- by a USSA client a Year ago. Her fault, no problem- since then.. fraud on the part of the adjustor (I acutally have it in writing).. had a time about the car.. Now, they are trying to stall on the Medical. So, it is time for court. They don't even want to even discuss negotiation- they named a ridiculously LOW figure for months of pain & doctor's visits - and putting up with their run arounds. So, in the end- may have to go after the Driver.

• Fo
      24th of Mar, 2010

A car's value is different then it's ACV. We all know that as soon as we drive a car off the lot it loses value. Car's arent like homes.

• Mr
      21st of May, 2010

i am a bodyshop owner in ga . a car was refered to me by a towing compony at which time the claiment called to let usaa were the car would be located, at which time the adjuster for usaatold the claiment that my company (the bodyshop). did not warrenty our work whitch is false we warranty everything we do ! i guess my problem is im tired of dealing with the uneducated adjusters stering customers to certin shops . insurance comp. shouldnt be connected to any shop. were in america and everyone has the right to workout a livin