USAA Insurance / fraud and cheating
Whilst serving our country in Iraq my son a US Marine found the car of his dreams online. He purchased the car and we took it to him upon his return to Camp Lejuene in Jacksonville, NC. Whilst driving it in Jacksonville he was sideswipped by another person and extensive damage was done to the car. The other party was found at fault by the police and ticketed for the accident. USAA was the insurance company for both parties.
The car was independently valued and declared as a total loss. USAA wants to settle the claim for $5000 less than the car was valued at. They refuse to negotiate. We have contacted lawyers and they basically are not interested in the case as they say it will cost more than the $5000 to collect it from USAA. They advised me USAA knows this and thats why they routinely do this to people.
I find this despicable for a company which claims it was formed by a retired general to assist service men and women with their insurance and banking needs.
More USAA Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - loan customer service
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - banking
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - credit card / banking
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - auto insurance
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - auto insurance customer service