USAA Federal Savings Bank / overcharged

USAA holds the second mortgage on what used to be my primary residence, but I have relocated out of state since September, and I have been late with my payment since . The reason for this is because my job relocated me to another state, and my former home has been with on the market since May of 2008. At the moment, I am attempting to do a short sale. I logged into my account yesterday to find out someone from USAA had personally taken it upon themselves to withdraw funds to apply to the payment without my prior authorization, or court orders, and I feel much violated.

To top things, I don't know how I am going to pay for childcare and groceries. I want to see some corrective action.

Li

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009

I signed up with Talent Hunter.com BEFORE I did my research. I paid $149.99 so I could sign my daugther up for 6 months. I thought I was getting a good deal becuase I recieved an email from an "agent" saying that they would be interested in my daughter for a commerical that was being shot in my area (my daughter's pic wasnt even posted at the time, should had be alert number 1). I complained to Paypal and my bank that this company was a fraud.

Too make a long story short, these people WILL NOT respond to any of your requests about cancellations and refunds because they dont have too! My bank (USAA) will not dispute Paypal, told me that they were untouchable. I disputed with Paypal and my claim was denied. I complained with the Better Business Buearu, still pending but Im sure that my money is gone.

People do your research please. I feel so stupid becuase I cant even get my daughters pics to even load up on their website. SO I got screwed with no protection at all! MAN!!!

• Gs
      9th of Aug, 2009

What is interesting is that MadinUtah was still trying to upload the picture to the website even knowing it was a fraud.

Paypal is a jerk off. Although it is nice to have to protect your real bank accounts, it is also sometimes a hassle.

The scammers know this and so does paypal. There is no negotications with electronic goods, for my example, per paypal rules. If you buy something online, such as a website, software, or anything of the like, they will not allow you to dispute it. This means that people are able to create something fake, sell it to you, and then you can not dispute it. If they are in another country, it is harder to pin point them as well if you want to work outside of paypal. I ordered a bunch of websites that included flash ones, html ones, and some software. The software was a trial version with a "crack" to unlock the software. The websites were ripped off other sites. Some were nice but for the money I paid it wasn't right. I called paypal and they credited my account with the purchase as a "one time" thing. He told me to send the files to paypal so they could review them but I never heard back. Whatever, I made my money back and the scammers made off with theirs. As long as Paypal keeps paying the victims, it will fuel the crimes.

As for the original poster, if you don't make arrangements with your creditors, they will take care of it themselves if the funds are available.

• Do
      15th of Mar, 2015

USAA is a horrible bank. Claims to help veterans. I've been a member over 11years. They have taken money out if my account without my permission for a late car payment & threatened to repossess my vehicle for being late two months. They refused to give me a deferment and made threatening calls constantly. Please, if you're thinkinking of banking with USAA, beware they WILL NOT work with you regardless of your circumstances. The worst bank to do business with.