Usa Voicemail And Verizon / unauthorized billing

1 MD, United States Review updated:

Verizon billed us for services from "USA Voicemail" that we did not authorize. Verizon agreed to perpetuate this scam - it appears anyone can authorize charges to anybody's phone number just by saying so -

I searched online and cannot find a website for USA Voicemail - I found www.voicemaildirectusa.com but that redirected me to http://www.intelicommessaging.com
I found this statement online when you sign up:
"By clicking the "Submit" button I am confirming that I have reviewed and fully agree with the Intelicom Messaging™ Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy. In addition, I confirm the information submitted, and my authority to incur charges on the telephone number listed above, and that I am 18 years of age or older."

That's all that's necessary for someone to bill me for services I know nothing about!

In searching online I have come up with complaints going back to 2005 but no company website called "USA Voicemail" so how is it that anybody could conceivably sign up legitimately for services from this company? How can Verizon agree to this?!

Comments

• Mc
      30th of Mar, 2010

My company had this happen as well, but we were able to find a website and it is http://4usavoicemail.com/ We too did not authorize any charges and are working to get our money back.

• Va
      16th of Mar, 2011

I have been charged for months without knowing that I had this charge. I asked Verizon who were this people and what services did they provide. they could not answer. It is a scam and Verizon is most likely on it. I have asked for my money back threatening Verizon with filing charges of mail and wiretap fraud. Apparently, I am getting a refund. Also, I have canceled my account with Verizon and have gone with the competition. I specifically informed Verizon that I was leaving them because of this issue. I believe this will teach them not to scam their customers by willingly servicing scammers.