US Post Office / den of thieves within the post office

1 5555 Bandini BoulevardBell, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-ASK-USPS

Here is a letter i had sent to the usps inspector's office and the bell facility in california:

To whom it may concern,
On july 31st, 2010 i mailed out a package media mail delivery (Tracking no. [protected]) . The amazon.com customer never received the package which was supposed to reach maryland. According to the confirmation - tracking number, it left the bell facility (East los angeles) and apparently never reached its destination. It is now september 3, 2010 and she never got her book. The customer filed a claim against me and i had to refund the money ($93. 99) !!! I contacted usps consumer affairs and they never got back to me!! What kind of an operation are you running? Enclosed in this envelope is proof of the book i delivered and tracking number. Here is amazon.com phone # [protected], you need to call them and explain that it’s usps responsibility to deliver mail out securely!! Someone needs to refund the money back to me $93. 99 because the book left the bell facility in the hands of a carrier so he / she had the book!!! If you do not resolve this problem then i will go to higher sources to get this problem resolved!!! This is totally unfair and unjust!!! You say to get insurance for high priced items being shipped. We shouldn’t have to buy insurance if you had tight security in the first place. Is getting insurance stating that it can possibly get stolen within the postal service? The package was in the hands of a carrier and never reached its destination which clearly indicates it was stolen within the post office facility at bell!!! This tells me it is your responsibility to refund the money ($93. 99) since it was last seen at the bell facility and not at the customer’s home in maryland!!! Hummmmm!! Bell, california is not even close to maryland!!! I plan on mailing this letter to upper management and further until it gets resolved, this is uncalled for!! Logic tells me it was stolen within the facility!!! According to the tracking info: “your item was processed through and left our bell, ca 90201 facility on july 31, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item. ” if the item is currently in transit then it’s in the hands of a carrier!! Common sense, therefore i have obvious reason to believe it was stolen within the postal facility at bell!!!

Comments

• Mi
      22nd of Sep, 2013

I mailed two packages by priority mail on Sep 17, 2013. One of the packages which was not insured was routed via West Sacramento reached on a timely basis on the Sep 19, 2013. However, the other package which had an insurance of $200 was routed via Bell Gardens and the tracking shows it reached and sorted at Bell Gardens on the Sep 18, 2013 and then mysteriously disappeared!!!
    I have read about other complaints about the Bell Garden sorting facility and there is no doubt in mind that it is a so called "black hole" and too many packages seem to be compromised at that facility.
    A full scale investigation needs to be mounted and the culprits brought to justice. I would also like to take this up at a higher management level including Washington. USPS is a government run facility full of inefficiencies and corruption.
    I am very upset that the package did not reach my daughter who is celebrating her first wedding anniversary today. When the gift does not reach an intended receipient on a timely basis it is not just loss of monetary value but also punitive damages.
    When I called a live person at their call center the lady took the information and said her job is simply to record the incident and if I wanted to I should report it to consumer affairs office. I would have thought that USPS customer service should CALL the Bell Gardens facility and pursue this issue. I asked for a phone number of the Bell Garden facility and she said there is none available for the customer.
    It is obvious that the packages are being compromised at the Bell Gardens facility and NOTHING is being done by USPS to investigate and stop this day light robbery at a Government facility! I feel very strongly about this and would like to be able to escalate it to the top management ASAP. Please help me to wipe out such incidences in our society by proactive and concerted action.

• Ri
      14th of Dec, 2013

Same case scenario, I believe robbery occurs before . I think once the box is reported for an investigation, it gets scanned to bell garden . I wont stop, this is unacceptable. I will go the news. For sure, I will never ship via Usps again.

• Tq
      14th of Jan, 2014

My Package has been sitting at their location since Dec 2013 as per Tracking, What is Going on Over there ???

• Ti
      23rd of Jan, 2014

Sent a very large package 1/14/14 it arrived at Bell Garden sort facility. It's now 1/23/14 & no update info on package. Went into black hole or something. With what I'm seeing online at hundreds of complaints on this place of packages disappearing from here, I feel the attorney generals office needs to investigate this place. But they need all who are losing their packages by via Bell Garden sort facility to file complaints. I ship hundreds of packages by USPS & this is the first time I've seen the tracking number show this place & package is lost from here.I will no longer ship USPS until this place is investigated &/or shut down this place for something fishy is happening to all our packages that are going there.

• Ti
      23rd of Jan, 2014

Something certainly going on there. I shipped a package 1/14/14 still in Bell Gardens 1/23/14. No update info nothing. Like package disappeared into a black hole. It was a very large package 28"L x 17"W 10"H so no way it got lost. I see 100's people all over ebay & else where online where sellers packages disappearing at this place. Well that's what the attorney generals job is but they won't know if people don't massively file complaints to them for this place needs to be investigated. Giving my package a few more days then file with DC. Don't waste your time trying to get help from the post offices they just tell you to keep waiting till it wounds up really lost & never found. Which I feel after hearing all of you has happened to mine.

• Kf
      1st of Feb, 2014

The Bell local Post Office is not responsible for what goes on at the Sort Facility. The Los Angeles District Consumer Affairs Office handle all complaints from that facility. That facility is a processing plant. They do not have carriers working there and they do not receive complaints over the phone or in person. They simply process packages and dispatch them to their destinations.

• Lu
      4th of Feb, 2014

This place is awful. I would avoid at all cost!

• Wh
      14th of Jun, 2014

So far my package has been hovering in limbo at BELL GARDENS POST OFFICE for the past three or four days... So far, it's been "processed" twice.
    --------------
    June 14, 2014, 1:29 am; Processed through USPS Sort Facility; BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Your item was processed through and left our BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 facility on June 14, 2014 at 1:29 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

June 13, 2014, 3:18 pm; Processed through USPS Sort Facility; BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

June 11, 2014, 3:04 am; Depart USPS Sort Facility; BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

June 11, 2014, 1:43 am; Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility; BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

June 10, 2014, 12:25 pm; Depart Post Office; OCEANSIDE, CA 92054
    ---------------
    We'll see how long this package remains in LIMBO at Bell Gardens PO. Can't wait to find out what will happen!

• Aj
      15th of Dec, 2014

There are still problems with mail delivery! I shipped a set of books media mail (unfortunately). It was going from AZ to CA, just across the border between the states. The package got lost somewhere along the way, ended up in Allen Park MI, across the country, then to Bells Park, CA. Now it has been approx 12 days since this package was delivered. It still has not reached the customer and Im very concerned that when it does, it will be beat up and who knows what. Because of this severe delay, I had to refund the money to my customer since it went beyond the 9 days. I'm not sure why this package couldn't be mailed directly to CA, instead of going across the country first. This is ridiculous!! Going to file a complaint with USPS and eBay to see if someone can answer my questions and refund my money.

• Mi
      6th of Oct, 2015

Obviously yours and others complaints have amounted to a waste of time with this government run fiasco. Here it is Oct. 2015 and still Bell Gardens operates a fraudulent criminal operation.

• Cb
      13th of Jun, 2016

Apparently the theft continues! Mailed a box with 7 forensic nursing books, wish I would have found this post prior to mailing media mail/no insurance. The box arrived to the destination marked no contents with scotch tape on the corners. Contacted USPS inspectors, with a "we will work on it" response. How can a government facility being funded by tax payer dollars operate with criminals? I have learned a valuable lesson, never ship anything via USPS.

• Al
      19th of Sep, 2016

On July 15th 2015, I bought a very expensive item on Ebay.The seller is from Bakersfield, Ca.He was supposed to ship the item via Fed-Ex as he stated and promised on his auction.But like a dummy, he shipped it USPS standard.Well, it wound up at the "Black Hole of Bell Gardens"on July 16th 2015.They scanned it and claimed it left @ 3:34 am July 16th.The package was never seen again.
    I filed a complaint along with the seller.I even notified the USPS OIG and the Postal Inspectors and they never did a damn thing and nothing was ever done about it.I suggested that the Black Hole be investigated at all cost and I don't expect that will ever happen.There's no doubt that an employee or employees took my package and sold the contents to feed their drug habit.The contents was an original Radio Station turntable, a gem to have.It was in mint condition.Pay-Pal refunded my money after the seller was reluctant to do it.But I wanted the turntable more.
    Luckily for me, I did find another turntable from another auction that was the same as the one stolen.And works perfect like it should.So all was not lost.To me, the inspector General hasn't done their job and doesn't care about USPS customers.Yes, I am accusing the "Black Hole of Bell Gardens" of theft by taking.Nothing but no good drug addicted thieves at that facility.The tracking# was 13151490000101107587.

• Ye
      26th of Jul, 2018

I went into the Post Office to buy a money order. I had a total of $400 on me. My money order was for $375.15 and I purchased (1) one postage stamp. Instead of me taking the $20 and putting it back in my wallet, I hand the postal clerk the $400 .I immediately bought it to his attention that I'd given him too much money. He said that I'd only given him $380 which wasn't true. I told him that at the end of his shift that his cash drawer was gonna have and overage of my $20 that I'd given him by mistake. He asked me to leave my name and phone number with him, I did. This took place on July 25, 2018. I've not gotten a call from the Fond du lac Post Office as to this day yet. I am going back to speak with some one in charge about this. Now I see that even just because the employees of the Postal Service are paid good salaries, not all of them are honest. There is a thief amongst them.