US Post Office / den of thieves within the post office

1 5555 Bandini BoulevardBell, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-ASK-USPS

Here is a letter i had sent to the usps inspector's office and the bell facility in california:

To whom it may concern,
On july 31st, 2010 i mailed out a package media mail delivery (Tracking no. [protected]) . The amazon.com customer never received the package which was supposed to reach maryland. According to the confirmation - tracking number, it left the bell facility (East los angeles) and apparently never reached its destination. It is now september 3, 2010 and she never got her book. The customer filed a claim against me and i had to refund the money ($93. 99) !!! I contacted usps consumer affairs and they never got back to me!! What kind of an operation are you running? Enclosed in this envelope is proof of the book i delivered and tracking number. Here is amazon.com phone # [protected], you need to call them and explain that it’s usps responsibility to deliver mail out securely!! Someone needs to refund the money back to me $93. 99 because the book left the bell facility in the hands of a carrier so he / she had the book!!! If you do not resolve this problem then i will go to higher sources to get this problem resolved!!! This is totally unfair and unjust!!! You say to get insurance for high priced items being shipped. We shouldn’t have to buy insurance if you had tight security in the first place. Is getting insurance stating that it can possibly get stolen within the postal service? The package was in the hands of a carrier and never reached its destination which clearly indicates it was stolen within the post office facility at bell!!! This tells me it is your responsibility to refund the money ($93. 99) since it was last seen at the bell facility and not at the customer’s home in maryland!!! Hummmmm!! Bell, california is not even close to maryland!!! I plan on mailing this letter to upper management and further until it gets resolved, this is uncalled for!! Logic tells me it was stolen within the facility!!! According to the tracking info: “your item was processed through and left our bell, ca 90201 facility on july 31, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item. ” if the item is currently in transit then it’s in the hands of a carrier!! Common sense, therefore i have obvious reason to believe it was stolen within the postal facility at bell!!!

Comments

• Ca
      16th of Sep, 2008
    AbrasiveDirect.com - returned mail
    United States Post Office
    DuBois
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 814-590-3722

I subscribe to a service that provides cd's to me. One time the disc is delivered the next time it may be returned to the sender. I have a PO box and the disc fits into the slot. Then it may be returned.
    What is the problem??? Why does it work one moment then doesn't the next!!

15th of Oct, 2010

I ship many things from tucson, AZ to the eastern seaboard and find that a portion goes to Bell, Ca. first.
    That is the hundreds of miles in the opposite direction.
    This happens with both media and first class packages.
    Sometimes mail will even be delayed in Bell.
    This does not happen in any other city.
    What kind of scam does Bell have going?
    We all know of the Corruption in the city counsel.
    Is there a Mob or Mafia taking kick backs within the usps structure?
    I would like to know why so much mail goes through Bell, even if it is out of the way.

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2010

This Carmelina the person who posted the Bell City Post Office incedent!! Latest news: I received my money back from Amazon assuming they heard my complaints indirectly via Bell Post, L.A News, and Post Office inspection!!! Full refund of $93.00 YESSSSS! I did not give up and just kept pursuing this until there was a solution!!! So if there is anyone out there having the same issues, please contact THEIR local news, Post office inspections office and Bell City post as well until you get your money back!!! I even contacted city officials in Bell City SO YOU DO THE SAME!! If you have any problems please email me and I can try to help!!

• Mi
      16th of Nov, 2010

I had a buyer purchase an item on Oct'28th.
    shipped on Oct'29th
    It was scanned at a post office at Bell, CA on Nov'2nd
    and no updates on the 2 packages after that until today (Nov 16th)

today buyer emailed me saying the item is not received. I went to the local post office but it was not of much help. Looks like USPS has hired an bunch of thieves at BEll, CA post office. at the end of day I have lsot around $100 due to post office.

Class: Package Services
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
    Status: Processed through Sort Facility

Your item was processed through and left our BELL, CA 90201 facility on November 02, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, November 02, 2010, 1:03 pm, BELL, CA 90201
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 29, 2010

• Oc
      14th of Dec, 2010

90% of my packages that arrive at the Bell, CA USPS facility NEVER gets delivered past this facility to its final destination. Recent incident #18:
    12/06/10 PRIORITY USPS package sent from San Diego, CA to be delivered to San Juan Capistrano, CA (62.4 miles).
    12/07/10 PRIORITY USPS package processed through sort facility FEDERAL WAY, WASHINGTON.
    12/09/10 PRIORITY USPS package processed through sort facility BELL, CA. 1:35 p.m.
    There have been no further updates.

That Bell USPS facility should be shut down. I wouldn't be surprised if the employees are stealing packages. Bell, CA is located in a neighborhood worse than Compton, CA.

1st of Jan, 2011

i have been having the same problem the sender sent me a book by media mail, and i live in iowa. The book was supposed to be here 12/27/10 it is now 1/1/11 and this is the only update i have
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 20, 2010
    Processed through Sort Facility, December 23, 2010, 3:49 am, BELL, CA 90201
    and that was the last update i received. I also tried getting the number to call the sort facility to see what happened to the package if it was delivered or what exactly the would know what happened to it that i couldn't see by the tracking number...and good luck with that call the 800#... they give you the # to bell post office...they say "not their problem call the 800#"... call 800# again and this time get a # that is supposed to be the sort facility (the one i asked for in the first place) has nothing but a busy signal... sounds like to me, from all the other complaints about this facility...that the U.S. Postal Service should take some initiative and move the facility elsewhere to where all the people probably speak english, are american citizens, and have past a 5th grade education. It's pretty obvious that wherever in L.A. this sort facility is located that maybe 1% of the workers there fall into all of those categories.

2nd of Jan, 2011

if thats the case that it can take up to 30 days, then that is what they should put... my update from usps said it was scheduled for delivery on dec. 27. but there was no other tracking then bell ca. and no i knew there wouldn't be an update on the 1st, but they were open on the 31st and there was still no update. i didn't expect it to be here in 2 or 3 days, but i did expect it to be hee when they said it would be here considering i ordered a a book for washington same date same shipping and that made it here on the 24th. and it had updates at the end of every business day where it was. so if one package from the west coast can do that, the other one should have been here when they said it was supposed to be.

3rd of Jan, 2011

thats your opinion but from what ive seen looking up on the internet, Bell ca should be relocated somewhere else where the people will actually be capable of doing the job they were hired to do. and get mail to where it is supposed in the time that it is USUALLY supposed to get there. besides that, this was my first time ordering books online. didn't know the difference in shipping.

12th of Jan, 2011

It's Jan 12 and my package still shows bell ca as its last known place. Keep defending the postal service though. They are doing an awesome job out there.

14th of Jan, 2011

I thought you said it could take a while...now your changing your mind and it is lost...hmmm...that makes me feel so much better that you agree with me now

• Do
      26th of Jan, 2011

I too mailed a package to my son in San Diego in time to arrive in time for christmas. My son needed the clothing I sent but the last place his package was seen was Bell California. I believe there are people who are stealing the goods from packages. I read the article that said the city is corupt and 8 politicians including the mayor was arrested. They need to see about the postmaster too aparently he is not doing a good job of overseeing. When I called the lady explained that they have many packages smashed by the machines. She said they had a car engine sent by mail" it went through the machines and leaked oil on things." Sort of unbelievable. My package was coompletely covered with many layers of tape even the oil would not have harmed it. Interesting only priority or insured mail is missing. Likely because they think something valuable is inside. Never have I missed a package before never has a package of mine had to go through Bell California. The postal service should have an inspector on duty in Bell California. I fully intend to write to my president. Yes Barack Obama cares about us. It may take a while but he does address issues that need to be addressed. Isn't it odd that all the complaints are from Bell california???Dorothy Anderson Lynchburg, Virginia.

• Ro
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I agree that something should be done about the Bell, Ca. postal sorting facility. I've had items shipped and lost there and had items shipped to me, that made it from back east all the way to Bell, just to be lost. I've got a claim #, which seems to be less useful than the paper I wrote it on. I'm told " if " it's found they'll contact me. That's been a month and half ago. I can't talk to anyone there because it's an automated facility? No one at my local post office can seem to do anything about it either. They say to just write it off, order a new item, or just try to get my money back. All I want is my package. From here on I'll pay what ever it costs to ship with anyone but the incompetent buffoons at the US postal service. I'll also recommend to everyone else that they should not use the USPS, especially if they're shipping to southern CA. I know this rant wont accomplish anything, but maybe if there are enough complaints, just maybe, someone who can do something about this problem in Bell will.

• Dr
      5th of Mar, 2011

same thing here, I shipped very important books about a month ago and I regret it that i sent them by usps
    it's now in transit to the destination in BELL, wtf?

• Gr
      18th of Mar, 2011

I ordered a DVD set from amazon on the 10th of march. It was shipped from New Jersey the 11th. It was at bell from the 13th til I finLly received it the 17th. Keep in mind I paid for 2 day delivery. The package had rips and was taped up. It was a gift so later last night opened it and the 5 discs were missing from the DVD set. Someone opened it and taped it back up. Now after reading about this Bell facility I think I know who stole it. I sent amazon a claim so I'm waiting to get a reply. It has only been a day so we'll see how this turns out. I was so angry when we realized the discs were stolen. I will drive to bell myself if t his isn't resolved soon. Maybe a 30 minute drive

• Dh
      25th of May, 2011

I'm in the same boat here. 2 packages mysteriously disappear as they pass through Bell Ca. It is line the "Bell Triangle", things go in and never come out. I have contacted to local news stations and complained to the postal inspectro here https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx I think we all should and then maybe those theives will actually start doing federal time for their thefts.

• Bo
      5th of Jul, 2011

I am a used book seller. Media mail is my main shipping means. Every time I ship something to that area i cringe not knowing if it will actually arrive. I can not count the lost items thank to the Bell facility. I do think it help to get insurance and or use priority service, even first class is a little more reliable. Very messed up place. Today I received a complaint from yet another customer. I am filing some sort of complaint.

• Bo
      5th of Jul, 2011

Also why does this site need my name, address, sex ... TELEPHONE NUMBER. BS. I am sick of data diggers.

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2011

I recently moved cross country, shipped several boxes of books media rate from California to Michigan. 1 box arrived, battered and ripped up--had been opened and contents removed (maybe got dropped or damaged on processing line and box broke?), many of the books missing and those that did get delivered looked like they had literally thrown back in the box and were quite damaged. I also somehow ended up with someone else's book thrown into my box as well! Another box is still missing. Boxes were mailed August 2nd, USPS website states "Your item was processed through and left our BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 facility on August 03, 2011 at 4:44 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." It is now August 25th. I called the post office and they created a case number, said someone would get back to me in 2 business days. That was 15 days ago. Each time I call back to follow-up, they say it is still being investigated, call back in another 2 days.

I stupidly let the nice lady at the post office convince me that I shouldn't insure the books because the post office gives pennies for used books, and "things may get a little banged around, but they always arrive." Clearly I am kicking myself for not getting insurance, will never mail something uninsured again. Do I have any recourse for my missing/lost/stolen books, or without insurance I am just SOL? Has anyone ever heard of someone actually getting items back from the Mail Recovery Center?

• La
      22nd of Sep, 2011

On Sept. 10, 2011, I sent a package from Thiells, NY, to Florida. Now 12 days later, and the package is sitting in Bell Gardens, which appears to be a black hole. Why it would go from NY to CA to get to FL is something only the USPS can answer. I have no idea if the geniuses at Bell Gardens will ever get my package on route to Florida, but I guess I have to keep after them to have any hope.

• 12