US Bank / charge for services and account number without any approval
I Banked with US Bank for last 10 years and in last 2 years I seen only decline in there customer service and in the way they do business. Bitterness to a side here are may last 3 issues.
1. Hotel that I stayed at, by mistake, charged me twice for their service. In order for me to receive my
money back I had to cancel payment which required some type of form that is not available in the local branch but it needs to be order over the phone. To this date (incident happened over 12 months ago) I did not receive this form. I placed over 6 phone calls (easily over 4 hours of my life). Every time I complained and asked for this form they told me they do not have any record of me requesting it. Sad part is that during one of these calls I requested 6 month of the statements along with this form. To reprint these statements I had to pay a fee. I received statements but form or record of me asking for one is none existent to this date.
2. Apparently some time in 2005 US Bank started charging $5.00 fee for “Canceled Check Return”. Since I do no use checks for last 2-3 years I called them up and asked about it. This fee is a charged to accounts that are using online bill pay and is processing fee for them to reprint them and send them along with statement.
3. Starting with July of 2006 checking account that I have changed and my minimum balance requirement changed from $100.00 to $400.00 and new fee for this is $7.00. Number one issue is self explanatory. Problem with issue 2 and 3 is that I did not ask for “Canceled Check Return” and did not accept change to my account.
The real question here is this even legal? Can bank enroll you for a service that has cost
associated with it without you approval? Can bank change account without signed approval?
US Bank implemented fee for just about everything, likely in near future, they will charge fee just to
talk to you about your money. All other Banks are sending used checks to there customers, with out any charge. All other banks have free checking accounts. All other banks have checking accounts that do not require any minimum balance.
More US Bank Complaints & Reviews
- U.S. Bank Car Leasing - I will never lease a car from U.S. Bank again 
- US Bank - closing of the checking account 
- Green Dot Corporation Aka Columbus Bank And Trust - unlawful holding of funds ($3000) 
- US Bank - vehicle lease-end charges 
- Us Bank/regent Collection - od fees/old balance 
- US Bank Mortgage - mortgage payments
- US Bank / US Bancorp - add husband to account
- US Bank / US Bancorp - atm fees
- US Bank / US Bancorp - fraudulent fees resulting from deceitful business practice
- US Bank / US Bancorp - unethical behavior