US Bank / charge for services and account number without any approval

I Banked with US Bank for last 10 years and in last 2 years I seen only decline in there customer service and in the way they do business. Bitterness to a side here are may last 3 issues.

1. Hotel that I stayed at, by mistake, charged me twice for their service. In order for me to receive my
money back I had to cancel payment which required some type of form that is not available in the local branch but it needs to be order over the phone. To this date (incident happened over 12 months ago) I did not receive this form. I placed over 6 phone calls (easily over 4 hours of my life). Every time I complained and asked for this form they told me they do not have any record of me requesting it. Sad part is that during one of these calls I requested 6 month of the statements along with this form. To reprint these statements I had to pay a fee. I received statements but form or record of me asking for one is none existent to this date.

2. Apparently some time in 2005 US Bank started charging $5.00 fee for “Canceled Check Return”. Since I do no use checks for last 2-3 years I called them up and asked about it. This fee is a charged to accounts that are using online bill pay and is processing fee for them to reprint them and send them along with statement.

3. Starting with July of 2006 checking account that I have changed and my minimum balance requirement changed from $100.00 to $400.00 and new fee for this is $7.00. Number one issue is self explanatory. Problem with issue 2 and 3 is that I did not ask for “Canceled Check Return” and did not accept change to my account.

The real question here is this even legal? Can bank enroll you for a service that has cost
associated with it without you approval? Can bank change account without signed approval?

US Bank implemented fee for just about everything, likely in near future, they will charge fee just to
talk to you about your money. All other Banks are sending used checks to there customers, with out any charge. All other banks have free checking accounts. All other banks have checking accounts that do not require any minimum balance.

Sincerely
Igor B.

• Jojo07's Response, Apr 06, 2018

I called the blank manager and apologize for any misunderstanding we had and he still refused service to me and I feel it is being discriminated against me because of his personal conflict with me

Ig

Comments

• Mt
      7th of Oct, 2008

US Bank does have free checking, and any changes to fees or accounts is communicated in the monthly statements.

• Ak
      15th of Aug, 2018
    US Bank / US Bancorp - Checking account
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

They charge you all kinds of fees even when they very clearly say they are not going to. And I don't understand what the point of having a mobile site to check your account when its never ever accurate and they just really dont even care that its not accurate.

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2018
    US Bank / US Bancorp - Debit card
    Mount Juliet
    Tennessee

I asked for a debit card for my an account and it didn't work after it was activated. They said it was for a closed account when I asked about it, and said the money was in a new account. I had a new card sent and it didn't come. I had another one sent last week and I'm still waiting. It's been about a month since the account was opened

• Ta
      21st of Aug, 2018
    US Bank / US Bancorp - unethical behaviour
    Tukwila
    Washington

Banker took my deposit and stated it was $100 short. I went back to work checked all the deposit audits found no error on our end, I then called the bank made them count the drawer and they had it. They deposited into the account without calling or leaving a voicemail.

21st of Aug, 2018
    US Bank / US Bancorp - Bank manager
    MILWAUKEE
    Wisconsin

I feel I was discriminated against by the bank manager because he did not understand what I was trying to explain to him about open up a checking account and he unfairly kick me out of the bank

• Ro
      1st of Sep, 2018
    US Bank - Disrespect 1800 customer service / lack of notice of account problems/ fees
    Milwaukee
    Wisconsin
    usbank.com

On 12/23/2017 I contacted US Bank 1800 number in regards to my account being negative $500. When I spoke with a manager Scott Kalka at around 11:50am. He was the most rudest and disrespectful customer service manager I've ever spoke with. He yelled at me and did not solve my problem at all he told me to go to a branch to get help and hung up.

• Ad
      1st of Sep, 2018
    US Bank - Rude and improper customer service

I was calling regarding a report of late payment made on my credit report. I wanted to get some information on that and i was tossed from one department to the other with the utmost unprofessional and unpolite manner by the reps.

• Es
      10th of Sep, 2018
    US Bank - Credit card

Yoselin ID 109082 her services have horrible I can hear she was eating and she not want to help me w my proble she Denied all what I said I have almost 15 yr us bank was not fear I din’t Received help after the atm have in erro. And I cancel a auto paid she I was laying us bank

• La
      19th of Sep, 2018
    US Bank - Services
    Fairfield
    California

I had a hellish ride with these fools. My first complaint was because a rep told me my -7.44 was not going to close my account and it did. I did a bbb complaint and they drag in all but that and bbb closes my complaint. I will not refer a dog to do business with them they are terrible and unprofessional

• Jb
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    US Bank / US Bancorp - online banking

Fiserv kept freezing our biller list so couldn't pay our bills, we complained for weeks to Fiserv and us bank and they did nothing to help us.Us bank was totally worthless during this process which by the way is stiil ongoing. I don't believe we can stay us bank customers. I called corporate office, but they were useless.

• Ko
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    US Bank - Checking account
    Clifton
    Colorado
    Usbank.com

On 8/1/2017, I over drew my checking account by $2.60, I made a deposit of $339.40 in the same business day, but was charged $72.00 in OD fees. I feel this is usery, and will file a complaint with the FED, if I am not given credit.