I obtained an airline ticket from Tuscon, AZ to Oakland, CA round trip with US Airways throught my credit card rewards program.

I missed the first flight and called to reschedule the trip about 4 hours after the flight left.

I was told by US Airways that I would have to pay $150 to change my ticket and $179 for the fair difference for a total of $329. The cost to book a new ticket was less than $300 on US Airways on the internet.

I then asked to just let me use the return as it was originally scheduled and I was told I had to pay the $150 to schedule my return as it had been cancelled.

This is what really seems to be an unfair business practice, Not letting a person keep the return flight even though the plane has a lot of seats vacant and the ticket was paid for.

The original ticket became worthless.

This company made out like a bandit.

I hope njo one flys with this kind of airline. B etter to go with Southwest. They don't act this way

D  4th of Oct, 2009 by
So you miss the flight you booked and want to change your ticket. You don't like paying fees even though you screwed up and not the airline. How is that the airline's fault? Also, the purpose of a round trip ticket is to travel round trip. You cant just use half of a round trip ticket. Sorry, thats not how it works.

US Airways Logo US Airways