US Airways / UNETHICAL PRACTICE
I obtained an airline ticket from Tuscon, AZ to Oakland, CA round trip with US Airways throught my credit card rewards program.
I missed the first flight and called to reschedule the trip about 4 hours after the flight left.
I was told by US Airways that I would have to pay $150 to change my ticket and $179 for the fair difference for a total of $329. The cost to book a new ticket was less than $300 on US Airways on the internet.
I then asked to just let me use the return as it was originally scheduled and I was told I had to pay the $150 to schedule my return as it had been cancelled.
This is what really seems to be an unfair business practice, Not letting a person keep the return flight even though the plane has a lot of seats vacant and the ticket was paid for.
The original ticket became worthless.
This company made out like a bandit.
I hope njo one flys with this kind of airline. B etter to go with Southwest. They don't act this way
More US Airways Complaints & Reviews
- US Airways - Ticket Price, Change Fee, Guaranteed Air Fare Rule 
- US Airways Mastercard - Free ticket offer 
- US Airways - customer service 
- US Airways - Military refund of flights 
- US Airways Mastercard - So Called 'Perks' 
- USAIR - Cancelled Flights
- US Airways - Cancellation of flight and horrible customer service!
- US Airways - Bad training and no customer service
- USAirways - Bad Customer Service 
- US Airways - Standby Policy